F'un paper cutouts in Rhino...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

I am sure this is nothing to experienced users - but I figured this out tonight - how do I take a photo and just make a simple 'paper cutout' of owners or other for a more interesting Rhino render...

Well here is...

Crop a photo in Photoshop and trace out what you want and save it off...

Go into Rhino - command line 'picture frame' and use your PS file - use same as a background bitmap and trace out some curves from same in Rhino and use same to trim or split the 'picture frame'...

Extrude the curves from the above using 'cap on' - explode all that and delete the cap that is on the picture frame and you have a paper cutout - just for fun...

Angle it and add a gusset 'to hold it up' on a ground plane - and you have something that may capture more interest than a photorealistic 'just another boat' bit...

SH.

2. cappu

cappu Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.