Fresher PhD Graduate looking for the career

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by delubo, May 11, 2007.

1. delubo

delubo New Member

After seven year academic life, I long for the industry experience as a graduate naval architect/ marine engineer. The sound career is need other than a job.
    I am a Chinese student currently completing my PhD in the UK. To be honest, PhD seems make my career narrow but I think my direction would be an engineer other than a scientist. I have no boat building experience because it is far from my project. I am good at structural and vibrational analysis. However, the yatch design and build experience would be essential for me if I am going to stay in this area for life. So I am looking for such experience. There are lots of software in our department. I familiar with some of them close to my project but I believe I can master any required software in a very short period.
    I am considering any opportunity of help me with my career. I prefer stay in UK, EU, AUS, Shanghai China.

I dont know if this thread is helpful or not, but I will thanks for you consideration in advance.

bh3@soton.ac.uk

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.