FreeShip Plus Manual

Discussion in 'Software' started by BlueWaterMD, Aug 23, 2008.

1. BlueWaterMD

BlueWaterMD Junior Member

I finally got freeship plus to work after many problems. Turned out there was a missing file, but I was able to get it from an older version. Anyway, I am totally new to this. Is there a manual on how to use the program as I am completely lost? Any help for this total beginner would be appreciated.

2. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

There are manuals on the web. The new site is Delftship and you can download the manual by simply registering. It remains free for the standard version.

The most important thing to remember is that you are dealing with surface modelling. You can extend edges and move points about.

Both the left hand mouse button and right hand mouse button provide useful functionality. You can use these to zoom the image as well as grab the image and move it over the window. It allows you to get into fine detail on the screen.

If you search Freeship on this forum you will find lots of information and there are many example fbm files on the forum that you can play with.

As you come across something that you cannot sort out you should make a post on the forum just at the point where you start banging your head against a hard wall.

It will take maybe 20 hours of dedicated effort to get some handle on it.

Like most CAD programs it has layers that you can place different parts of your design on. It is useful to master the layer controls before getting into any complex design.

Rick W.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.