Freeship bow hollows

Discussion in 'Software' started by grenberger, Jul 10, 2006.

1. grenberger

grenberger New Member

Maybe someone could help or advise.
    I'm playing around with Freeship to create racing sailing boat hull shapes.
    Currently trying to create hullshape of 26ft monohull for ORC26 rule - (think small Mumm30, Farr 40 or TP52 shape) - vertical stem, fine entry, light displacement etc.
    All is good. However, when viewing the bow waterplanes the software always seems to want to create splines with quite marked hollows as the waterlines approach the stem.
    I'm not keen on bow hollows and want to create a fine entry but with straight waterline all the way back to around 35% of length.
    Can somebody advise me how I can manipulate this area to avoid the hollows whilst maintaining the fine entry?

I was thinking of locally adding a few more control sections - would this work?

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

short answer: yes, with a lot of manipulation. You will actually have to round the bows a bit in plan view in order to get straight waterlines. Keep playing with it.

Steve

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.