Free ship

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

"I will give it to you" he said, 'just come and sign the papers and its yours, I will be off in 3 days"

90 foot steel ship 2 Gm 2 strokes with spares by the ton. Bridge and deck crane. Speed boat with Merc 150HP

The boat is rotten ,30,000 ueros to put a new bottom in it (he said) The main engine runs but the transmission blows oil out and wont work.

Nothing works, he has lived on it for the last 10 years and now he is too old, the marina charges are 1000dollar a month.

Cant be scrapped no one wants it. people look at it and walk away. He just laughs. Cant give it away.

Im going to look at it this afternoon.

But Geeez do I need this. Ide have to tow it to Thailand, the nearest ship yard that can handle it, stick a new bottom in it and re engine with hino's,

A nothing job for the Thais that will build you a 100ft roll on roll off for 90,000 dollars.

Never the less what a project??? wife not speaking to me.

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

OMG eek - and he was still living on it?

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hino truck motor is the way i"ll go. 1000dollars and all the parts i want and bell housings and manifolds every where . Its what all the big long tails use.

Don't think Ille ever spend money on marine engines again

4. masalai

masalai masalai

OK Frosty, You have a project, Get into it and keep an active thread on the build progress, starting with lots of "before" and "towing to Thailand" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hino Diesels...

Hello...
    Frosty and other - is 'Hino' a Toyota diesel division - and if so - can you post a web address...
    Also do they have a marine division for same - or any North American distributor...
    Thanks in advance - I apologise to any folks - namely (Frosty) - that are present - that I may have pissed off in the past while being pissed in the past - I am eating a humble pie today - one Tylenol 03 - at a time...:)
    I hope you are all well - I have a fractured number 03 rib on my starboard side - I hope I will heal like a proper Viking...:)
    As for the project or 'the boat' - go drink some beers - and eat some hotdogs - or proper Franks in a bun with hot mustard and sauerkraut - then walk up to it with a trusted friend whilst being blindfolded - remove the blind - if you puke on the docks - just walk away - tried and proven methodology...:)
    SH.

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hino is a bus engine and runs so sweet I love to hear then idling whilst picking up passengers. I want one --no 2 in the boat.

Cast block, cast head in line pump bolt in injectors with no silly water cooling spacers N ****. Light weight --in comparison!!!!! and are picked up for about 1000 dollars with no transfer papers which is gret because it not going in a vehicle.

A strange thing happened on the way to see the ship yesterday . There was a big tree fallen in the road just 2 kilometers from the Marina. A powerful Omen if you ask me, so I ever got to see it, and its raining today Ooooh thats mighty powerfull magic.

I seen the boat any way, I walked past thundreds of time.

I dont think I can take this on,---Im 57 and I think its too much for me. My beloved power cat will suffer by neglect, you cant love 2 women, you can fck 2 but cant love 2.

I got a photo??????

7. keith66

keith66 Senior Member

Listen to the omens! just imagine how the **** will hit the fan when the bottom drops out as its being towed out of the marina & sinks in the entrance!
    You will be in jail with some big hairy ladyboy saying "I love you long time":D

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

If you set your mind to make it to 114 then you're still a snot nose kid at only half way. On the other hand if you think you are old now already, well, then you probably are. That's for you to decide.

As for the boat, it is a hell of an undertaking. You could maybe just buy the engines off'n him and use the Yanmar's for goot weather anchors ;) Could be an omen for prospective Yanmar buyers.

I also saw a boat for sale... humongous bloody thing. Fortunately they wanted like 35 mil for it :D so I let the bargain slip through my fingers...

9. Itchy&Scratchy

Itchy&Scratchy Senior Member

Thirty five million rand??? thats about ten quid right???:p
    regards
    J

10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Yes, in $ it's about 99c and in GPB it's about 2c :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.