Free Shantyboat Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by geezerboat, Oct 22, 2003.

1. geezerboat

geezerboat Guest

Interested in building a boat for sheltered waters, one that's
    trailable and easy to build? One that might do duty as a river
    cruiser, a camp trailer, a hunt cabin, or maybe even an ice shack? A new design for a little 16 footer has come out of the Yahoo
    Shantyboat Group. I've drawn it up.

Sets of 8 drawings and construction notes on paper for the
    Shantyboat "Lisa B.Good" are free if you write to request them, no strings attached. See page 2 of my website at
    http://www.geocities.com/geezerboat
    for details.

Cheers,

Paul Browne

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Hi Paul,

Tried the site but it's down for a time. Can you give some more details.

Gary :D

3. Paul Browne

Paul Browne Junior Member

Lisa B. Good

Hi Gary,

My website is a free Yahoo Geocities site, so it exceeds its data transfer rate easily. It should be back in a while. I see we can't place attachments on this thread, so I'll post a picture in my gallery (It's under the name "Paul Browne") on this site. This design is what finally surfaced from discussions and gentle criticism in the Shantyboat Group about club boats. I abandoned the requirement to link up a flock of these boats in a tow, and instead concentrated on designing a simple, easy to build, inexpensive, trailable and friendly looking shantyboat. The result is just 16 feet long, but she has a cabin with a separate head, full headroom, a small galley, and room for a double berth. Outside she's got great covered decks to lounge about on as you watch the world go by at 5 knots.

I've made 8 detailed drawings and 4 pages of construction notes to describe her. I'll mail them for free to anyone who takes the time to snail mail me a letter requesting them.

Paul

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.