Forum Rules / Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Jeff, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

There it is..I think that sums it all up nicely.
    5554X is good people, I know he's been more than generous helping me and I appricate it too. No one is worrying where Welly is, it's just come up with a few members and now it's come out in the open. I dont think anybody has meant any disrespect towards 5554X, but the fact that we aired our concerns can maby help us to move on from the whole fiasco.

2. VKRUE

VKRUE Just another boat lover

Well, I guess that my fingers should have been working on the boat out in the garage instead of typiing on the keyboard in the office....:confused:

Didn't mean to start trouble...............................................

3. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

You didnt start any trouble VKRUE, none at all.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Would Americans mostly please remember that not every one lives there. There are other countries in the world. When you address ca, ny,wc, sc what ever,--- I havnt a clue where you are. I would like to know where the people are that I am talking to.

Theres a new guy on the block that just has the address- Yahoo.com

People asking for advice should at least be aware that this is a world wide forum, abreviating things is confusing. You will get a better response.

Theres a little button on the bottom right for 'edit' you can go back and clear up all the mistakes there,-- (without any one Knowing)

Oh by the way what dose 'lol' mean.

5. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Laugh Out Loud or laughing out loud

6. hansp77

hansp77

If your serious,
    Haa Haa Heh! (that was so funny it made me Laugh Out Loud in front of my computer...)

Seriously, though I have been on computers since the beginning, I never got into forums or chatting until I bought my boat-
    so I never knew what the hell people were saying most of the time- lol included.
    Try
    http://www.netlingo.com/

IMHO a very usefull place...:rolleyes:

edit- beat me to it Figgy...

7. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Sweet find Hans!! "IMHO" was killing me! Every time I saw it I wondered what it was, but never remembered to look it up. SFETE

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh Ok ,---makes sence now then!! Who makes this stuff up? Isnt plain English sufficient?

9. hansp77

hansp77

ROR, you had me with that one, I had to check it.

10. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Plain English online? You must be joking! ;) I mean, you can save sooooo many keystrokes by just using little acronyms for everything....
    (On a related note, what's with the high school kids starting to speak in IM lanuage, in real life? Even five years ago it wasn't like that....)

11. hansp77

hansp77

EDIT- delete...
    computer problems.
    %^$^&%$^&%

12. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

VKRUE,
    Out of topic, but thinking about your 'signature':
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence" Vince Lombardi :)

I've found I rather prefer the following:
    "The quality of a person is in direct proportion to his/her devotion to others" :)

Cheers

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I dont read them,-- well only once then it goes right out of the head, I dont like them and I dont want to know.

What is it for anyway, is it not trying to educate someone, give the peasants some advice, isnt it a bit condescending to assume you can.

They are very clever words ---some times but the poster didnt write them.

Now if they would make them up for themselves then that could be funny.

14. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

http://www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/usps_abbreviations.html
    I have no idea what this is in reference to...

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well, you have taken a 2 quotes from two different posts.

Taking the first, this says ' When you address ca,ny,wc,sc what ever' I was refering to the address on the top of the post . This I understand is supposed to give the reader some indication as to where they are. Great Lakes is where? we have some Great lakes in Thailand, great for fishing? or great for camping??? What is that?

The second was supposed to be a carry on from the previous post. As the post finished strongly on subject I just picked it up and carried it on. Sorry if that was confusing to you.

This is about the signiture that people add to thier post. I was adding my opinion of them. It would appear however that most posters in most forums have adopted this idea. I feel they are not necessary and are pointless.

Wet chicken never fly at night.

< Understanding 'rep points' question. | Admin Help! >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.