Forum Rules / Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Jeff, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Mmmm well I guess so. I thank you for taking the time to explain. Could it not be posible to ask welly to compile a return e mail to you in his best English and to take a few days to get it right.
    He could then address the accusations made against him as apparantly he claims he was framed.
    You could even ask him to pay special attention to various points especially the ip address confusion.
    You could site that, and let us all see what he says. You could perhaps explain that he has but one chance. It is quite likely--sadly-- he could incriminate himself giving you 'the forum' a safer and more sound platform. However it would be interesting reading not to mention giving the man a decent trial.

2. Texas Boater

Texas Boater Member

Thanks - A Great Proposal

Amen, Brother.:p

Incredible idea and the changes are 100% on track.

Great proposal.

Too many folks seem to feel if they do not have anything intelligent to contribute, then its okay to add insulting opinion!:rolleyes:

3. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Jack,
    Just to take you off tenterhooks, the "fattening" reference was from "Everything in life worth doing is either illegal, immoral or fattening". Don't ask for attribution, but I THINK it was Mae West. If it wasn't, it could have been... :)
    Steve

4. SAQuestor

SAQuestor Senior Member

Jack,

I must disagree with you on this point. I manage several internet forums similar to this one - though admitedly not as large and diverse - and when there has been any issue I give the individual one warning and if the behaviour continues then they are kicked and banned.

The reasoning is that one individual - no matter their level of expertise - that disrupts orderly and civil information exchange is not worth the effort to have "a trial" and all the attendend disruption it causes.

Quite simply there are rules of civil discourse that this or any other forum have and if one - or several - individuals can't or won't abide by them then the majority suffer some level of communication disruption. It matters not whether we choose to read that individual's posts or not - they are there providing at the least, a distraction to the other members and a PITA for the administrators.

"Admin" in post #60 of this thread went far beyond what I would consider 'normal' practice and explained exactly what went on. IP fraud evidence is indisputable - at least from my point of view - and that explanation should be the end of the question of whether it was appropriate or not for the administration of this forum to ban an individual or not.

Best,

Leo

5. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Yes, I agree with you and I think that this is up to Jeff and should not be addressed publicly, but I agree also with jack when he says:

And the reason why I think that Jeff should ask Welly to explain (privately) this situation to him is:

Welly was accused and, even if all evidence points to being guilty, he could not defend himself.

Welly was a positive contributor to this forum, with a positive reputation.

Welly seemed to me naïve beyond redemption, but not stupid.

Impersonating a person, giving his real e-mail, knowing that that person would receive an "instant email notification" for each post, is utterly stupid.

Welly says that he knows Sid Nixon, and he says:”I have help him and show him this forum as he didn’t know it .”

I guess that it seems plausibly that Welly with that overenthusiastic naivety was thinking he was doing Sid Nixon a favor, giving him exposition on this forum. It doesn’t seem plausible to me that some kind of agreement was not done by Sid Nixon, authorizing Welly to post in his name (why should Welly give information to Sid Nixon on what he was doing, sending him” instant email notifications"?).

Welly says that his relation with Sid Nixon had gone sour and that he was being “framed”.

Of course, all this is crazy stuff, but we already knew that Welly is a little bit crazy. However he loved this forum with devotion, his reputation shows that he has contributed positively to it and I will bet that any of us would have a very warm welcome, should we show up at Welly’s neighborhood.

I will understand Jeff if he thinks that Welly is just too much trouble to have around, even if he can show that he, in his naivety, has been “framed”. It is evident that he has done things the wrong way. But I doubt that he has had any intention of doing Sid Nixon or this forum any harm (on the contrary) and I have also doubts that he knew how to do better, in what regards defending himself.

Best regards to all

Paulo

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

[
    I guess that it seems plausibly that Welly with that overenthusiastic naivety was thinking he was doing Sid Nixon a favor, giving him exposition on this forum. It doesn’t seem plausible to me that some kind of agreement was not done by Sid Nixon, authorizing Welly to post in his name (why should Welly give information to Sid Nixon on what he was doing, sending him” instant email notifications"?).

Are you saying that it could be that Sid Nixon allowed Welly to post in his name. I am sure welly would have obliged. And then thier relations went sour. Sid then called the Forum to complain, Knowing that this would result in Welly bieng banned ? And framed. Apparantly from reading between the lines they seem to be in competition with each other.
    The e mail notification in that case would have meant that Sid and Welly must have shared the same e mail address at that time for Sid to have recieved notification,--from the forum?--- as he said he did.

Anyhow, would this explain the ip address being that of Wellies?
    I am in no way saying or suggesting that this is so, but is this senario technically possible.

If the real story is only half as complcated as the above Welly would not be able to explain.

I wonder how Welly feels today. I would immagine he will be pretty well dissapointed with westerners.

7. JunkBoatDesign

JunkBoatDesign Junior Member

Yes,

LOCAL POLITICS:

1. Welly and Sid knew each other and welly open his big mouth about the forum. Sid got interested but not really fond of the computer but will use it. Welly taught sid some advance computer usesage.

2. Welly and sid frequent enter site (forum) together, welly show sid the forum operation.

3. Sid leaves his number and email just incase old friends like to call him.
    He ask welly to scan and post the old australian newspaper to post in the net.(if not where he get the data? why has sid not call the cops?)

6. Sid 63 yrs old builded only one 90ft boat and wanted to write his biograhy and expose himself of his existence.

7. Sid and welly found Royke in this forum, ask the fellow to fly over after offically leaving the job of jewellery designing in Surabaya ( check his ip on that) official letter between welly and royke with reference to work with sid nixon.

8. sid started to politic and screw Lawrance( drinking customer) infront of welly, The dutch was insulted and welly help and sid not happy.

9. Then The greece, Ellis (local bos of townsville welding)lost his job because sid nixon backstab statement on ellis to the Expat from Asap welding equipment and lost the distributing right. Sid ask welly to take the agent but refused. Welly confide the matter to ellis.

10. welly paid for the airfare and living expense of royke and sid refuse to meet or discuss with the boy saying he just dont need it anymore. leaving welly taking all the bills and reponsibility.

11. welly went to the bar and took back his 60 inch tv from sid and say bye2 with reminding sid of chonology of his bad ways the way he gossip and do bad on his customer.

12. Sid went mad. he wrote to the forum and complaint to the moderator.

Understand this, I myself use welly facilities, as he offer us his bandwith. The computer terminal here is 6 computer with his buddy using it for positive purposes.

His interest in boat have been spark by the purchase of a shipyard 3 years ago.His main business is not boat building.

I know all this information due to his good grace of computing time.

I dont think welly need to take up anybody reputation especially a 63 yrs old guy who already have problem over here. He is more a barmaid than a builder, his a loftman but not a designer or N.A.

One thing for sure, conflict would inflict the same reputation wound on both side in this matter for welly and sid.

He can log in and will try internet cafe. But I rather put some light into the matter and asked his permission to post some letter between royke and welly to prove that sid know welly and welly did some help to him.

I know it is hard to trust an Asian over an expat anytime of the days.

This result from sour relationship I guess. If both knew each other and the account for sid hold unchallange for a period while aready exposing Sid contact, can that be a complain?

I am sure the administrator can fin that sid have logged in that account in past history, can that be a crime when both have done this?

I am not exposing my identity for the sake of my stay in Balikpapan.

Hope this help both side. The truth really doesnt help as welly already banned, welly just think that his friends would think less of him so I help.

You can still reached him at his email wellydeckhand@yahoo.co.id for further explanation. I did this with welly knowing please confirm with him. Oh well, here goes my reputation and might be bane also.

Junk

P.S. welly have a website underconstruction and thinking of setting up a forum for boatdesign. I just think he is crazy:)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. JunkBoatDesign

JunkBoatDesign Junior Member

I think he quit drinking and enrolled in westlawn, welly if you see this wish you good luck:)

Junk Friend

9. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Hi there, Junk bd.

Just to put my mind at ease - I was/am a friend of Welly - how did you obtain those mails between them - they aren't forwarded, so I was just wondering.

Gees, I hope this is true, that he was framed, and not that he posed as dix :(

10. antonfourie

antonfourie Senior Member

Perhaps one needs to ask how many ID's does welly actually have ?, last time I checked it was about 5 !!

11. stevel

stevel Lost at sea

I find it incredibly hard to believe that those letters are not an invention of Wellydeckhand/Mayfly/H20Babies/Mayfly again/Wellyframed/JunkD/and any other imaginary friends that they may have.

Tell me who else actually conducts genuine business (like hiring a person) using their forum/chatroom screen name? Maybe this is just my ignorance and intolerance of non-western ways?

If you look at Welly's earliest posts, they were generally about making jokes and stirring the pot. He generally didn't cross any lines that I would be bothered by and I found him somewhat entertaining. His avatar was a gas mask, odd again, but funny in a way. When the forum started discussing the feeling of sume that this sort of posting was cluttering things up for people who wanted to find the serious content, he quit doing that, but accused the western world of having it is for him because he is Asian.

When that didn't get him enough attention or sympathy, he did his experiment with multiple personalities and more controversial avatars (and don't pretend to believe that he didn't know the Buhdist left-turning swastika would be controversial). When that got old he did the Sid Nixon thing (which came and went so fast that I never quite figured out what that one was). Then he did the WellyFramed think and I'm pretty sure that he did this last one too. Do you still care to try to figure this thing out, or is it time to just let the pattern of behavior speak for itself?

Mybe we should look at it this way. It is possible, however unlikely, that there was something legitimate in the origins of the Sid Nixon fiasco, but Welly brought on the suspicion himself by his earlier behavior. By now he should know better than to even start down that road after the Mayfly II fiasco. BTW, I can post pictures of anyone I want to in order to "prove that I exist." On the other hand, I wouldn't put it past Welly to have emailed in the Sid Nixon complaint himself, just to stir the pot.

12. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

I guess, Steve and Anton.

Yes, I still do care to figure this one out. Past behaviour is not proof of future behaviour. Although, of course, the likeliness increases.

I like to know as much facts as possible before making a judgement.
    I have a firm believe that even a former murderer isn't necessarily the person that killed my neighbour. Even if history does 'speak for itself.'

I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, knowing full well that I quite surely will be disappointed.

I figure that if he can give me a plausible explanation as to how he obtained those emails, and how come they used their nicks in a contractual email, I will most likely think that he might indeed have been framed. I have sent him an email this morning (UTC). I am hoping that the benefit of the doubt will actually be beneficial.

Although I have to say I don't have high hopes :(

13. Vega

Vega Senior Member

I think that it is too much, even for Welly:p :

14. stevel

stevel Lost at sea

It is your time

DanishBagger,

It is your time to use as charitably as you choose. If Welly were to be imprisoned for the alleged misdeeds, I would be willing to put more of my own effort into getting to the bottom of it. Being banned from a forum where he doesn't seem to "get it" is not so severe that I would worry too much for him

Vega,

I suspect that that is going too far, even for Welly, but...

15. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

junkboatdesign: what do you mean it is not easy to trust an Asian? You, like welly are really full of crap by calling all of us bigots. It wouldn't surprise me if you are welly in a different disguise. As I told welly in another thread, nobody knows where you are from unless you choose to advertise it.

< Understanding 'rep points' question. | Admin Help! >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.