Forum Reputation

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Jeff, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Well, you obviously can't count the 2 points you gave to yourself (from wellydeckhand to mayfly). The other 3 points were given with 1 vote on this post: http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=83393#post83393

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Again, I know I said this when you said you were leaving for good two weeks ago, but again, farewell Trouty. Thank you for the on-topic posts over the years, and may you find a forum that better fits your views. Since you have done your best to drive other members away from the forum including blatent insults and namecalling, I suppose it is only fitting that your ship has now sailed.

3. H2O_BABIES

H2O_BABIES Junior Member

Goodbye

Yup..........

This is H2O_BABIES and also wellydeckhand, I am new but got positive notch because I am wriiten as family man. I recently got 6 male cub born so did not lied on purpose........... my dogs are a part of my family.

Great-time I have been on the web and have to sign off, pls remember dont choose wellydeckhand for president.... his sucked..... but nice.

I will miss you all take care and god bless you all.

H2O_BABIES

Attached Files:

4. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

For reference, I looked it up and this is the post that H20_BABIES got 1 vote - 3 reputation points - for: http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=83557#post83557
    I agree :) (but I am not the one who gave the positive rep points there.)

5. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Is this for real? Most fourms I've ever been too don't take too kindly to having multiple profiles, and I don't think it's cool myself. What are you trying to prove? We get it, people are biased. Well I hope your proud of proving nothing we didnt already know.

6. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Dont worry I dont like doing Split personality, it destroy my scheduled eating session by the PC and does make me too professional. I will now only stick to wellydeckhand.

Jeff is kind to let me by on this case of mutiple personality in one forum. It better to have many same personality in various different forum....... more heathly and sane.

Wellysanenow.

P.S. It is so painful to destroy the 2 character I have developed........... It is almost apart of myself. Do understand I suffer in the end also.:(

Attached Files:

7. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

The problem is, before the reputation system, nothing happened until things reached a boiling point. Most people don't want to confront another member when they feel they are "slightly over the line" so nothing is said until things are way over the line. Or we simply lose members who have a lot of valuable information because it is not worth the hassle and time to either:
    1.) try to read through bickering, off-topic, insulting, or non-substantitive junk posts, or
    2.) spend their time confronting other posters

8. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Why are you defending yourself Jeff? I,personally don't think you need to. Its your site, do what you want. You gave us your reasons and it should be good enough. If any of us dont like it we can leave. I'm going to stay, this site is a great resource! How did it seem to get so petty...

9. Wellydeckhand

yup, I think people should respect one another and more for the resources and time had been taken to make this forum possible. It would be a shame if we lose this paradise of neutrality to some thead and individual or groupy wills.

WellyNeutralReally

10. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Well, many of the points raised do have validity and I'm happy to get the input even though I do believe the benefits do outweigh the drawbacks at the current time. I sincerely thank everyone for their thoughts on both sides of the issue.

11. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Actually, I'm grateful that the trial has been "prolonged". If it were only a fortnight, it would have been "for good". At least this way we get to at least give some input before it is "for real".

Even if that means a fortnight more of purgatory.

I wont comment on the other things you say, but I will say this, that there were enough people bitching (excuse me), that Jeff had to take some sort of action. I don't agree with the choice of action, but, well - then it's my turn to ***** to counter the first.

12. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

I know, this is a bit pedantic, but since very few is attacking him, he isn't defending himself. We are having a difference of opinions. A discussion. And it means a lot to me, and I am sure others, that he is willing to do so. We are all aware that it is his place, but if he merely shut up and ignored us then that wouldn't make a good host, so to speak.

I'll say it again, I'm grateful that Jeff is taking this discussion in stride.

Andre

13. Wellydeckhand

So early..... I mean late in the evening? Just woke up.....?

Figgy ok.... he just abit piss at me having a multi-personality disorder...or he is just interested in Mayfly character........ I intended Mayfly to be a she anyway.:):):)

14. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Yup, just woke up (now a little while ago) at noon ...

Hehe, welly, if we are to ***** at the rules, the number one rule would be to keep our own house clean ;)

15. Wellydeckhand

Easy for you..... u have just a few boxes....:D:D:D

< How does one start a new " Poll" ? | Suggest adding Nautical & Naval History Forum >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.