Forum Reputation

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Jeff, Apr 2, 2006.

1. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Sounds about right, Guillermo.

At least it would be an improvement to how the system works right now.

2. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Why not just elect a president? This sound like a campaine toooo long.

3. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Well, we already have a popularity contest going, so maybe, just maybe.

Of course I would rather do without this system, but if what Guillermo said could at least be done, then that would be one small step in the right direction (direction being: Getting rid of the system).

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Gilly

Again you make great sense. If we must have this God awful system, as you say it should onlu cover the technical section - the open section which can and does cover some quite provocitave subjects can esily loose people through the likes or dislikes of the minority! Well said!

5. Vega

Vega Senior Member

I was the one who gave you a negative feedback to your post with Michael Jackson disguised as a woman.

You say “

1 person likes this.
  6. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

why single welly out? he didnt have a thread called (girls on boats whats with that)and there is a half dozen other threads with the same content, no wonder women stay away!as for homosexuals I havent seen anything ,,,,,not that im looking,this was not a tecknical tread to begin with,

7. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Why do you say welly was singled out?? Remember the reputation system works by rating post content on a post by post basis, not forum members as a whole.

As far as the forum rules outlined in this thread, they apply to everyone.

8. Vega

Vega Senior Member

I did not single welly out. That thread was not like the thread "Girls on boats"(a generic thread). It was a specific subject thread ,that intended to incentive women to post. The welly's playboy image post did seem to me completely out of topic and without any content regarding the subject of the thread.
    Off course, as I have said, it is a matter of opinion and I can be wrong. Nevertheless, it is my opinion.

9. longliner45

understood, forum rules apply to everyone , equally, so why is everone picking on welly? and ignoring other threads that are equally off color? like ive stated before ,any woman would be sceptical of this site , cant blame them .espescially when so much is condond, if vega wants to critisise welly, why not the others??????????///

10. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

I'm afraid I've come to agree with Walrus about the reputation-points thing... seems that since I approved of several member's posts several weeks ago, I'm not allowed to leave any feedback on any posts by said members anymore. "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to xxxxx again..." well, I've left both + and - comments on many many posts since then; how many posts do I have to approve of before the system will actually work? Sorry Jeff, but I have to come out in favour of scrapping it.

11. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

This is to prevent the abuse that many worried about where you for example would rate one or a few members "of an clique" over and over again.

12. longliner45

vega the thread was ( wear are the woman) hardly a tecknical thread

13. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Evidence please? He posts a large amount, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that more posts = more feedback. His rating is now higher than when the system started two weeks ago and assigned everyone a 10 as a starting point, thus I don't see how "picking on" applies? In total, there have been 145 reputation comments made, and by scanning through the admin log of comments, it does not appear that welly was signled out or picked on.

14. Vega

Vega Senior Member

I did not say that it was a technical thread, I have said that was a thread with the specific purpose of incentiving women to post.
    It is a thread posted by Wynard and its opening post was:

The subject is quite clear to me.

15. longliner45

quit clear to me too; go back and read the thread , over half had chovenistic comments , but hey dont bother them , bother welly

< How does one start a new " Poll" ? | Suggest adding Nautical & Naval History Forum >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.