Fore & aft centerboard sliding system

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by heycaptaingg, Aug 9, 2021.

1. wet feet

wet feet Senior Member

Try a google search for Flying Dutchman moving centreboard pivot.It ought to bring up some information and you will probably have to make adjustments to suit your particular situation.I'm a little puzzled by the link to an elderly Mini Transat as these boats have now evolved to something entirely different-and faster.I expect that if you could persuade them to divulge the information,the IMOCA 60's would have something that would work but at a much greater cost.

2. gggGuest

gggGuest ...

A question is why. The centre of effort between centreboard and rudder is continuously adjusted, quite unconsciously, by minute changes in the rudder angle. Unless one is aiming for absolute minimum drag in a racing craft I don't know what shifting the board about is usefully going to achieve.

3. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

That's a lot, good to know because it defines the solutions that might work.
    +/- 20" for us over here.
    Someone check my math.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.