Ford Lehman 80hp injection pump?

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by DennisRB, Oct 27, 2013.

1. DennisRB

DennisRB Senior Member

Hey guys. My mate has a 4cyl 80hp ford lehman that he installed in his boat to replace the dead one. The prob is the one he used was from a trawlers AC alternator so it appears the injection pump has been derated for this purpose. The engine sounds and starts well and all, but it will not rev over 1000rpm in forward.

Does anyone has a solution for this? Does anyone have or know where we can get another injection pump? The one from the original engine was left to corrode with the injector lines disconnected.

Thanks.

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Who made the pump.

Stanadyne ?

Google the pump. Many pump service guides are on the net. Shops who service pumps are a good source for reonditioned pumps.

3. explorer45

explorer45 New Member

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I am the 'mate' in question with the Ford Lehman.

It runs a Cav Minimec P5127 /3 currently.

I have googled, but cant find a lot of information. This engine/pump is from the late 60's.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cheers,

Shane.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.