flybridge extension for tender

Discussion in 'Stability' started by bolsado, May 27, 2010.

1. bolsado

bolsado New Member

Boat- 37' LOA, 12'10" beam, 3.5' draft, 13.5' ft ht, Aluminum hulled express crusier, 20,000 lbs full displacement

I am contemplating a flybridge extension to cover the aft cockpit and provide for placing 2 jet skis or a 14' or less tender.

As starting point I am very roughly estimating supporting superstructure and misc wt would be about 250 lbs, PWC wt 2,000 lbs, assumed deck ht remains @ 13.5' w/ 2.5' more for PWC's

Wondering if there are basic guidelines one can follow to get an approximation if basic assumptions are into the danger zone or close enough that getting a navel architec involved would be worth the cost.:?:

2. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

Bolsado,

A competant NA should be able to just look at it and tell quickly if it is absolutely absurd, but will likely have to do some calculations to be sure. Your best bet though is to call the manufacturer of the boat and ask if they have any experience dealing with this type of extension, if so ask for contact info of the owner who did the job and ask them how it went.

3. mark775

mark775 Guest

absolutely absurd

4. CDK

CDK retired engineer

I would start with a clear picture of the present situation and add the extension to it, using Photo Paint of Photo Shop.
    Then you can decide if the result is something you want to be seen in.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.