Fix seeping air on larger RIB tubes

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Peter Palmer, May 8, 2019.

1. Peter Palmer

Peter Palmer New Member

Hi chaps,

I am looking to restore a RIB with slow leaking tubes. There are products on the market just for this, like Bixler's Toobseal (to name just one) but all of them require the liquid to get in contact with the problematic areas on the inside of the tube. It is normally proposed to turn the inflatable around a couple of times so the product will slosh about inside.

On larger boats this is rather difficult to do.

I wonder if anyone of you has a good idea how to apply one of those products without being able to turn the boat around. I thought it might be possible to spray the product with an atomiser into the tubes (and inflating the tubes that way as well. Has anyone ever tried anything like that? Any tips? Any recommendations which one of those products is most suitable for this kind of application?

Many thanks for your time.
    Peter

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.