Finite element software

Discussion in 'Software' started by CGN, Jul 11, 2008.

1. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Looking for a Finite element software i found this program and yes too good to be true but i can't find any other references

$50 CAD

http://www.lisa-fet.com/index.htm

2. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Thanks for the link

I have to say you usually get what you pay for. We evaluated this and I wouldn't recommend it.
    We found it very poor importing and exporting geometry, its meshing was clutzy and slow and we had a battle to use it reliably for accurate results. I was looking at recommending it for some students, but it was not suitable and I'd give it 2 out of 10 for ease of use.

IMO Cadre is a good one with a free limited download, for students they offer the full package at a discount, while also having good professional features.

Other more pro oriented like Strand/Straus 7 also have free limited node trial software.
    Many of the 3d solid cad packages have a basic linear FEA embedded with the std package these days and they are very user friendly.

It would be great if Rhino had an add in for this.

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Thanks Mikeiohns, I have seen it before but never tested, I agree cadre is really good easy to use IMO and works fine with Rhino.

cheers

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.