Finding the right boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Chad_Nash, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Chad_Nash

Chad_Nash New Member

I am starting my search for my first boat. I live in the tampa bay area and have done almost all my boating and fishing either in the gulf or marathon florida. I have 3 boats in my family that I regularly fish on including a 24 cobia cc, 21 parker cc, 25 parker cuddy. I really like barebones boats. I have been looking at dusky and parker. parker being priced a little high for me ive focused more on dusky. my question is...are there other boat manufactures that make boats similar to the bare bones of a dusky or parker.

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I guess its the old story, you largely get what you pay for, if a particular model boat seems cheaper than another, on the second hand market, there is usually a reason for it. It depends on what the duty you have in mind for a boat is, the distances you have to traverse, and the sea state, being a big part of it. A boat that hammers mercilessly, and throws sheets of water at you, for hours, quickly takes the fun out of the day. Just make sure the boat you buy, fits the service requirements you have in mind.

bajansailor likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.