Find My Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by EllieZouri, Oct 10, 2021.

  1. EllieZouri
    Joined: Oct 2021
    Posts: 1
    Likes: 0, Points: 1
    Location: Deniliquin

    EllieZouri New Member

    Hey guys,

    I have purchased a boat and I’m wanting to find out some information on it that I can’t find and thought someone on here may be able to help me. I’m a first time boat owner.
    HIN AU-WWA195007CN7
  2. bajansailor
    Joined: Oct 2007
    Posts: 3,639
    Likes: 1,592, Points: 113, Legacy Rep: 37
    Location: Barbados

    bajansailor Marine Surveyor

    Welcome to the Forum Ellie.

    Could you provide some more information about the boat please?
    For example length and type (eg motor or sail boat?) - and if you can post a photo or two of it, then somebody might recognise it.

    I googled Deniliquin, and I see that it is a town in New South Wales. And the AU on your HIN suggests that the boat was built in Australia.
    Are you sure that the last digit is just 7, and not 07?
    If 07, then it would have been built in 2007.
    Or maybe the 07 in front of the CN is the build year, but this would not be the usual convention.
  3. Mr Efficiency
    Joined: Oct 2010
    Posts: 10,386
    Likes: 1,045, Points: 113, Legacy Rep: 702
    Location: Australia

    Mr Efficiency Senior Member

    "WWA" stands for waterways authority (of New South Wales), you could try ringing them, this is a case where a picture or two would help.
    bajansailor likes this.
  4. Ike
    Joined: Apr 2006
    Posts: 2,684
    Likes: 484, Points: 83, Legacy Rep: 1669
    Location: Washington

    Ike Senior Member

    AU Australia
    WWA Waterways Authority
    19500 Serial number only the builder knows what this means
    7CN7: 7C is a month and year of manufacture. N7 is the model year But the last four don't match Australia's code for HINs. C is October if was built before 1984. After 84 its March. There is no N in their system. So, hard to say could be 77, 87, 97 , 2007
    see HIN (Hull Identification Number) | Personal Property Securities Register,number%20and%20date%20of%20manufacture.

    Do what MR E said.

    A correction, The N in the last two numbers is the Boat Code Provider, that is someone who is an agent. see the brochure at

    "People wanting to obtain or verify a HIN will need to contact a Department approved agent, known a BoatCode Provider (usually marine dealerships or suppliers). BoatCode Providers are located throughout the State and can: • verify a HIN on a new vessel; • attach or verify a HIN before a vessel is sold; • attach or verify a HIN before ownership of a vessel is transferred. A full list of BoatCode Providers is available from the Department’s website: imarine/boatcode-and-hin.asp or by telephoning 13 11 56. Fees will apply."

    I tried that link and it didn't work, but then my internet connection is really wonky.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    bajansailor likes this.

  5. KJL38
    Joined: Jun 2008
    Posts: 107
    Likes: 16, Points: 18, Legacy Rep: 75
    Location: Tasmania

    KJL38 Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.