Fiberglassing/sealing a 12ft aluminum boat with plywood

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by rracechase, May 18, 2008.

1. rracechase

rracechase New Member

Hey i would like put a flat floor in my 12 ft v-hull. its tricky to move around the angles.
    i was wondering what i would need to put a plywood floor in and then seal it.
    i would also like to get information on how to fiberglass or carpet that floor.
    thanks a lot!!!
    chase

2. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

you seal the plywood first,,,afetr all cutting is done,,then seal with epoxy ( dont ask me bout epoxy,,im a poly dude hehe),,and you could do either,,rug or glass,,,rug will last a couple of years maybe,,,then you'll have to re-do your new floor job,,,then glass it so you wont have to do it again.and glassing is easy,,after you seal,,,you grind a LITTLE,,then use epoxy and a good wieght glass,,,and wet out,,,put ya glass on.,,,,,and of course theres info thats needed more then what im giving ya,,,but like i said,,im a poly guy,,,and you should use epoxy,,,so i'll let the epoxy guys chime in and give ya specifics.,,,,,but you could also use the search button on this forum,,and type in epoxy repairs,,,,and you'll have every answer ya need,,,,and if ya need something else,,,then go and press everyone for that,people help alot faster if ya show ya's done some homework,,,,hehe. ;)