fiberglass deck repair 1977 Chris Craft Dory

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by josav, Aug 14, 2006.

1. josav

josav New Member

I just purchased my dream boat. She is in great shape for her age and has been repowered with a 350/ 350 crusader. Now if I can get her to look a little healthier. I would rate the hull a good and the deck a good, but there is some obvious repairs done to parts of the deck and the hull has some chipping and cracking in the gel coat. So myquestion..... Is a new fiberglas deck expensive to have done? what is involved? what cost could i be looking at? And what can be done to make the exterior hull new again? I really want this boat to look exceptional but am weary of the cost. Does anyone have a recommendation for a fiberglass guy in NJ or tri state that could do reputable work?

Also, why is it I cannot find any info on Chris Craft Dory? I heard they were very popular in thier day, but seem to be difficult to locate.... especially information on them. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Joe

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.