Export a boat from China

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by an2reir, Aug 23, 2007.

1. an2reir

an2reir fifty boat designs

I*m considering building a wood&epoxy sailboat in China.
    I hear there may be a special permit (hard to get?)required to sail the boat out of Chinese waters and export when completed.
    Anyone know about such regulations ?

2. bwingler

bwingler New Member

Dealing with china

I deal with china on manufacturing of our design parts where i work and they are the ones that get all of the export papers, permits and handle the shipping. I am sure they would handle that for you, They will require a deposit, which i have never had a problem after paying it. They will require a wire transfer to there bank, They use the prefomia invoice system. If you back out or change your mind after the deposit, it is real hard to get your money back.

Barry

3. an2reir

Hi Barry thanks for your post,
    the idea is I'm considering build a 32-36 ft sail cruiser strip planking and epoxy biaxial sheated ; maybe some location close to Canton, when completed sail her towards Japan , Australia, New Zealand.
    I got some info the export of a boat may be handled differently, subject to more restrictive regulations...

4. jooxy

jooxy New Member

As i know, that's impossible for you to sail the boat out of China. I am doing export in a China. i am happy to give you more info.

5. an2reir

exporting a boat out of china

Hello thank for your post.
    The idea is to build a wood&epoxy boat in China, then sail her towards south and east.
    Yes I would be very happy to receive some further info, perhaps Singapore is more suitable as a building location then.
    Cheers

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.