Equadhoo Investment Private Limited

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by gamage, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amajyds

amajyds Junior Member

Gamage' your employer haven't seen any of your resignation letters so far from you...How does this work? I don't understand this..how do you resign without giving resignation letter to your employer. These letters go to the island office, Srilankan Embassy ..etc . If you can send them the letters why weren't you able send to your employer.
    Apparently you have island office stamp on your resignation letter and i wonder with that kind of government cooperation how on earth you became a captive of equadhoo.
    You were the manager there and its supposed to be your signature on that salary sheet so you got the storekeeper to sign that?
    Gamage this is Maldives..here there is rule of law. people have access to courts, police , island offices and you don't need money to go there. Gamage be honest for once. Yo see..your employer is still not denying your dues so what is there for them to lie about? you have something really big to hide..it will come out..your salary was delayed not without your consent. your resignation letters look more like that you resigned from meedhoo island office!!!if you had a job there..

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

If the whole issue exists (there is a chance that Artemis could be right - it is one very large scam - now who would profit I'm not sure, but it's a good scam if it is!) I see it as this -

A groupd of Maldive Islanders set themselves up as a boat building firm (useful in an Island nation!) and possibly get government grants etc, all well and good, but these guys are 'hopeful managers' not boat builders! So they open a yard and get started, unfortunately they are in the capital and the yard is on another island some miles away - they DO NOT have the managerial skills to ensure that a Director lives / works at the yard or visits regularly (daily!) so when this Gamage character comes along and says yes I can do that, and that, and that! They grab him! He probably can do all these things he says, but not very well, or he's seen others do it and has learned the right words! Ther again don't we all elaborate a little when looking for a job? If the company believes all this and gives you the job at an inflated rate - what do you do/ If you have any sense you take it and hope that you can learn and bluff your way through - normally it works!!

Unfortunately in this case it hasn't and in the process our friend? Gamage gets in with some shady characters (possibly known from elsewhere, under antother guise) who give him a good idea to get him out of the hole he has dug for himself (he has now discovered he can't do what he said he could)! The company keep making the odd visit but nothing to serious because they want to believe that Gamage is doing a good job and he tells them he is, but the money is going fast and he still hasn't delivered - anything!

In a panic he decides he has to get out and quick or he's in deep ****! the rest we know because it appeared here!

The conclusions - we have a 'young' company with little managerial experiance nd too much trust - that will come with time - if they don't go bankrupt first!!

We also have an older man who has been about knows a thing or two but is not actually very good at anything - but when a chance presents itself he knows how to project himself enough to get started (hoping that he can get by as he learns the finer details) unfortunately he is not up to it! So panic sets in and he blames everybody else for his problems - the only thing he can blame anyone else for is being too trusting!

Reccomendations - Learn from it! Both parties should quitely sort out their differences without outside help and let it go! Keep reminding each other will only mean more bad press for all! You need a good name to stay afloat in business - both as a company and as an individual!

The company should get hold of Gamage for a proper and meaningful talk about their differences and agree to a price that will shut him up and he can leave peacefully, his good name intact.

Gamage should contact the company and talk to them, admit he wasn't up to the mark but agree that neither were they! find a fair price to settle on this basis and leave quietly.

then as I said both should learn from their mistakes and only do what they can - give up the grand ideas, just get on with life.

3. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Why cant I click on the document? it seem to be error?:(

I am interested because this seem to be a good show case of working in remote area and get trap... if it is true

4. artemis

artemis Steamboater

It's still a HOAX!

About 4-1/2 hours after this was posted the "thumbnails" bring up nothing. The two opponents have done nothing! I'm waiting for one of them to ask the members of this forum for "help" (money - "please to send good contributions to my address so I can go home to family").
    Or is today April 1st. :p

5. gamage

gamage Senior Member

Please don’t allow Amajyds to edit his posts. I’ll give him more time to fabricate stories. And reply
    Thank you

6. korvello

korvello Senior Member

impressive WALRUS : I knew that under all nonsense u come up with sometimes [i regularly stop by i just don't log in]there is some common sense and wisdom :D......... HOAX ad a 50/50 chance for a while here i think now is more like 80/20 against, what you think?

7. safewalrus

I do believe you have hit on the head Korvello, in one short sentance! Gamage, I've seen a copy of your Contract - it clearly states that if you COMPLETE the contract the company pays you home - if you don't it doesn't have too! You clearly didn't!

Your thumbnails do not come up when pressed, why (and I'm not the only one with this problem)

It looks like YOU, Gamage are the guilty party! the only thing the company has done wrong is be too trusting and not have a Director to check on the yard and your work frequently. Obviously YOU took advantage of this (who wouldn't) but to cry foul after being found out (or worse just before being found out) is totally out of order!

Away with you, you appear nothing but a scoundral!!

(make that 95 / 5 Korvello - I'm having nothing more to do with this fool! I wish the company and the relative countries luck in sorting it out, he is going to cause a lot of problems for all of them!

8. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

amajdys,
    As we are not an International Court at all, why don't we go the positive side of things and you show us some images for the ongoing progress of works? I'd be interested in having a closer look to that fishing boat of yours.
    I also would appreciate a clarification on where the boatyard is.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.

9. safewalrus

Good idea Guillermo - obvious really when you think about it! Will give the final seal on the whole damn thing, one way or another! (and if right the company gets a little bit of publicity - they need it!)

10. amajyds

amajyds Junior Member

pls c the attachments

Attached Files:

11. safewalrus

Ahh something at last! Rather nondiscript with no explanation of course! Ther are some sheds somewhere in the world, a boat and a small office with a computer - as it goes good! but unfortunately it doesn't prove anything much! What it does prove is that amajyds is more plausable in tha he is willing to post something - even if its as good as nothing! Could Artemis be right? on what we have so far it is leaning that way but..........

12. safewalrus

Checking the web we find that Equadhoo Investment, does in fact exist! And are aware of what's going on here, and whilst the person posting is not shown in the contact lists one must presume he is known about to Equadhoo otherwise why would he be left to post? So as I sumised above our 'friend' Gamage is not quite all he sets himslef up to be is he?? So to square the matter, theres some as will not believe until proof is seen how about a sign on a building or some such to prove you are on the level. Your pictures amajyd are good but as I said there is no indication of who they are of! the Stern of the boat in the picture looks not unlike the drawings in your design section so that helps!

13. korvello

korvello Senior Member

WALRUS ASSUMING THAT THIS IS NOT AN HOAX 70/30 NOW, you appear to be blaming it all on GAMAGE ,don't forget that AMAJYDS has said that their good crew was out in south africa because for some reason they have left just to find out that in SA things where even worst ,wow i wonder someone in SA would tell some of they're adventures ,so GAMAGE was left with the last minute crew with no experience probably ,that alone will kill you, laziness and inexperience is a good combo for disaster....by the suspicious pics and other comments is hard to know much about EQUAHDOO [please more pics AMAJYDS SOME WITH gamage on it on your yard , what about finished boats ?]........appears that they are all to blame now about the stolen plans and lost contract i haven't heard GAMAGE say much about it so maybe you're into something .....

14. amajyds

amajyds Junior Member

part by part.. gamage' !!!!!

[6/19/2007 5:24:34 PM] anandagamage says: hi,
    [6/19/2007 5:24:50 PM] jas says: hi how are you
    [6/19/2007 5:24:55 PM] jas says: :)
    [6/19/2007 5:24:55 PM] anandagamage says: thanks for the reply
    [6/19/2007 5:25:04 PM] jas says: no worrys
    [6/19/2007 5:25:28 PM] anandagamage says: its 5.25 pm npw whts ur time
    [6/19/2007 5:25:59 PM] jas says: 21.23
    [6/19/2007 5:26:18 PM] jas says: do you have ADSL line
    [6/19/2007 5:26:35 PM] anandagamage says: am levingnow let se shamsheers responce
    [6/19/2007 5:26:48 PM] anandagamage says: i hope everthing will be ok
    [6/19/2007 5:27:04 PM] jas says: Do you have ADSL connection?
    [6/19/2007 5:27:32 PM] anandagamage says: yes am in office now illconect my hed pohne 2row

15. amajyds

amajyds Junior Member

Skype conversation

Gamage' let me know when to stop ..!!!! once the texts r done we will start with the audio...let us know if this becomes a problem for any of the "connections"

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.