Equadhoo Investment Private Limited

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by gamage, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artemis

artemis Steamboater

It's a Hoax!

What is fascinatingly interesting is the way that the language of the two opponents is written. Obviously we are to believe that it is not their native language. But the real giveaway is that the "discrepancies" in it's use are NOT consistent within one party's use. And the same is true with the other. I'd almost suspect that Frosty was doing a bit of leg pulling here. But I stand by "HOAX!". :p

2. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

I have been trying to find "Meedhoo" and "Dhevodoo" in the Maldives, using Google Earth, with no success. Just "Hulhumeedhoo" one of the inhabited islands of the Seenu Atoll. It seems, at first sight, not to be a boatyard there.

Then, in Wikipedia I found Meedhoo is an island in Dhaalu Atoll: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meedhoo_(Dhaalu_Atoll)
    But, there is not an apparent boatyard there at Google Earth either.

I neither found the address: Goalhiterege, Hadheebee Magu, Malé

Only consistent news about boatyards found in Maldives:
    http://www.maldivesreports.com/2006/12/alifushi-boatyard-to-be-sold-to-va-for.html

I've found what seems to be a boatyard (Google Earth) at Foammulah Island, which burnt out on Feb 23, 2007

Here the web pages of Equadhoo Investment Private Limited: http://www.equadhoo.com/services.html
    They state the (only) boatyard is at the centre of Huvadu Atoll, but I've only found the words "Kuva Huvadu" within the before mentioned Dhaalu Atoll (Google Earth again).

At Wikipedia, Huvadu, or Huvadhoo (also called Suvadiva) is sometimes referred to as the largest atoll of the Maldives, but it seems not to be the Dhaalu Atoll at all (nice pun, isn't it? :) ). Hovadhoo Atoll is located just north of the Foammulah Island, while Dhaalu Atoll is further north within the main group of atolls at the Maldives.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huvadhu_Atoll
    There is a Devvadhoo Island there, where it seems to be a rectangular harbour (Google Earth), but the quality of the image is poor.

:confused: :confused:

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yawn,--- I worked in the middle east with these guys, nothing here is surprising me.

Companies that do not pay wages for months? I dont think so,-but then I dont know and neither is it possible that anyone else can judge from this mud slinging competition.

What I do beleive is that the company will have to provide repatriation expences to the local goverment offices. So why don't the employees leave?

The character of Gamage that appears to be forming is a typical one in those parts.

Ha ha-- Ive had Srilankans apply to me for a job with no other qualifications than that they enjoyed British cricket. They thought that would be sufficient.

Building boats is not a sweat shop,-some level of skill is required for anything, treating workers badly would not be productive. I have difficulty with Gamages accusations

However if they have agreed to pay Gamage his dues then pay him . I dont think that waiting for him to explain why he lied (if he lied) is important.

The company should satisfy themselves that Gamage was qualified or follow up with a probation period. They cant complain that he did not fulfill their requirements by production alone.

4. artemis

artemis Steamboater

It's more of a Hoax!

And if one "views" the source document one finds, in the meta tags of Equadhoo Investment Private Limited:"<META HTTP-EQUIV="EXPIRES" CONTENT="Sat, 31 Dec 2006 00:00:01 PST">"

I really wonder if the company is in business anymore! Or if any of the people noted are/were employed there!

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im shocked but flattered that Artemis thinks I am behind an alleged hoax.
    I can assure you that I am not, and the language use is of course not their native tongue but is typical in the way it is repetitious.

Do you think me that clever? Interesting thought but I just don't have the time.

It does not matter that the company no longer exists. If it has debts to pay then the liquidation of said company may benefit the debtors.

6. amajyds

amajyds Junior Member

I guess i need to eloborate on a few points here so you get the picture.

-Gamage was hired to do a job.

-When Gamage was hired the company was having a cashflow crunch. It was no secret. Gamage was told about that.

-He was asked to get enough work done to generate the money company needed to pay salaries

-His first job was to get a deck fixed on a hundred feet boat with 10 workers.

-If you are in boat building business you would know very well when a fishing boat like whats in the picture attached how long it will take to fix the deck on it if you have the deck sheets prepared already even when gamage arrived which was supposed to bring in $67500 which is more than enough to pay all the workers and overheads of the boatyard. It took Gamage 2 and half months to get that done. (by the way we paid for him that month - i don't know if he has mentioned that month also as an unpaid month)

-His second job was to cast wheelhouse and make bunks in the crew copartment - which would also bring the same amount as mention above, even when he left he wasn't able to finish even 15 bunks in the crew compartment let alone casting the wheelhouse.

-In that case abviously it was more importnt for us to pay the workers who acually did the job. The directors of the company were constantly in touch with Gamage' asking whats holding things back asking gamage politley if its ok for him if his salary is delayed a bit till he finishes the crew compartment and the wheelhouse and he agreed to that as a gentleman. (the reason his salary was delayed)

-10 boat order question is - this was from a large group of resorts, we were in negotiations ..Gamage recieves all communications naturally. We copy all communications to him. (not the reason why his salary was delayed) This order was mentioned in his skype chat log saying this order could be a good start.

-By this time company started having serious issue of keeping Gamage' -wether its worth and it was agreed that we should let him stay until that cabin is finished and send him with his money. (by this time we have transfered some money to his home on his request by Western Union)

-When things started going wrong --- The guy who is in charge of accounting and finance (also a srilankan) in the boatyard called company directors that the all the newly recruited Srilankan staff are leaving because of salary delays. It was their 35th working day. Its very expensive to recruit new staff..we agreed to let them go if they are willing to pay the company both way tickets and agent fees, visa fees etc..by now we are in serious trouble we have a boat on which we have been concentrating all our resources because its only a cabin which we have to finish to get some money. ...a few days after the srilankan workers left , the accounting and finance man also wanted to go. he couldn't wait even until we could send his passport for him to fly domestic ( keeping passports with employers is a common practise, not as a mean of hijacking people..but as convenience for differen formalities). HE jumped on a small freighter and came to Male' and asked only for his ticket money and requested the company to pay his dues when it easy for the company as he has to go home. 4 days later the account man left Gamage called the chairman saying that his life is under threat. One woman came to his bungalow and asked him to get out. When it was checked it was the mother in law of the landlord just checking mainetenance needs. Gamage moved to company office which is attched with an accommodation unit.(where the directors stay when they are in the yard)
    Next day company chairman recieved a call from Srilankanhigh comission that we have send Gamage home immediately and pay all his dues. Whe we said that he has not resigned the told us that they have recived copy of his resignation which was addressed to the chairman. On our request they set a copy to us. One Director called Gamage and casually asked him if he is trying to leave , he said no...he will wait until he finished the job he started. when we mentioned about the matter Gamage couldn't lie and asked us to bring him to Male' . WE brought him to Male' . He stayed in the address as he has mention in his post. That is about hundred yards away from Srilankan embassy and nearly the same distance from the company office. All these things hapening at the same time seemed more like a conspiracy than coincidences company decided to start an investigation before Gamage' leaves and told him and the embassy that he may have to stay a few more days in Male' since we don't have money. Company chairman went to the boatyard to look for any thing unsual there. When the laptop Game used was checked there were some skype chat logs..maily with his son. And something intersting was found among the chat logs..regarding the 10 diving boat orders..setting up a boatyard ..sending drawings ..relations and so on. Company chairman called the embassy and fixed a meeting with them and Gamage and requesting them to listen to both sides....and we told them that if the srilankan embassy feels we should pay him fully and send him back home we will do that. The appointment was set for the 17th of this month. Apparently Gamage was informed by the embassy since we didn't tell him and he immediately left to Srilanka. Until the moment he left he was in good terms of the company ..the last conversation gamage before the chairman left to the boatyard was if Gamage wanted to watch Prison Break since he got DVDs of first and second seasons episodes.

BTWL:
    We are not judging the power of this forum in any way. The only relation we have with this forum is Gamage. This is where we found him. And also why we resonded so quickly was someone who is wrting here sent us un e-mail syaing someone is trying to do serious damage to us on this forum.
    We are decent people ..all the directors are young enough to be Gamage's sons. By the way w are very lucky to get a group of staff who worked with us before and went to South Africa came back and work is going very very fast. we are happy now.

7. gamage

gamage Senior Member

I don’t know who this gentleman is. I did all correspondence with shamsheer (member of this forum); please don’t forget to send picture of that small seat where I slept and that dirty bed in your room without bed sheet. Please send pictures as it was. Please show this forum receipt of payments if you have Cable TV connection.
    I will scan and post all documents today. Please show this forum if you have any single letter address to me or any other authorities up to now, except my contract.

8. amajyds

amajyds Junior Member

Gamage' ..I am the guy who always visits that apartment with your ex-boss. apparently you made he bed very dirty ..usual for srilankans. Yes I saw you taking afternon naps on a sofa like chair in the sitting room, but you can't blame others for hat can you. I have checked ..there is no leter between you and the company. The last time I saw you with your boss was i bilieve on last monday I guess. You talked about a loan that you have to pay and he asked you write to your bank that you are coming in less than a week to srilanka. Definitely shamsheer was never happy about your performance but respected Nasru's decision to hire you. Why didn't you stay until 17th Gamage'? ..just answer that...you were 200 feet away from your embassy. Even the day you arrived I remember shamsheer giving you money equivalent to US$ for you to find accomodation. Aprently you had something to hide in that bag which you kept at he embassy right. whats the secret?we are stil wondering...only thing we have is your skype log with this man called "Jas" . Gamage we will find more..

9. amajyds

amajyds Junior Member

Gamage, you worked with a Dubai company before ..what happened there? what was your position there?

10. korvello

korvello Senior Member

It's getting better :​
    ..............why don't you guys just settle you both loosing here! so GAMAGE was not completelly incompetent just too slow ,if he had 10 guys working with him did he hire those guys or just took over existing ones ,could they be part of the problem, WHAT ABOUT THE PREVIOUS GUY was he slow and incompetent too!!!!!! or didn't like the money situation, it apears that the money problems where real !......AMAJYDS was that the reason you lost the other contract or where your company underbid ?

boat building looks tough even when you barely pay your people, management must have an expensive lifestyle.​

11. amajyds

amajyds Junior Member

This is a company which has always paid their staff...even Gamage's payment was not denied ..he knows that he will be paid on the 17th but he is scared of something else....something he is hiding. when he came to know about the problem he just vanished..and making accusations. We still have orders which will keep us going for a long time...Gamage was a mistake for this company. This company owns another yard and with 3 people they have done more work on a boat which is 10 feet bigger without a Production Manager giving all his focus on just one boat. We just can't see what Gamage' has given this company as he promised when he joined. Gamage was the reason why we fell behind schedule.
    Our team is back now..they left their jobs in South Africa which they thought would be a better prospect when they left...

12. korvello

korvello Senior Member

thank you AMAJYDS; you maybe right and if all is better with your company now you should have fired GAMAGE sooner ,and if he is guilty after the investigation post it please ,just be fair please not paying workers is bad really bad..... i just had some ***** make a 20000 dollar mistake on one of my jobs and i still paid him ,and then fired his ***,ohhh well another story.

13. gamage

gamage Senior Member

Please find attached documents, and original letter of resignation and reminder handed over to Island Office, Meedhoo. They don’t have a fax machine in Equadhoo office in Male’ and no post office in Meedhoo Island.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      494.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      451.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      471.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      518.9 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      418 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      487.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      418.6 KB
      Views:
  14. gamage

gamage Senior Member

Poor man, I’ll send u one reply to ur all posts. :) :p

15. korvello

korvello Senior Member

very good GAMAGE :

now what about the acusations of stealing plans and the lost contracts because of you or even why it took you so long to finish the boats; reasonable questions i think,do you have a reasonable answer for that ,they claim to have information about it on a computer ,do they ?.....and what about the bag? .......or are you going to show up on the 17th to claim your money and how much do they really owe you?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.