Dry Roving

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by afteryou, Apr 28, 2013.

1. afteryou

afteryou Junior Member

Yeah I know, I just feel like Elmer Fudd when I say woven roving :p

This sounds like a debate I would like to hear more of if anyone has anything else to add ..:)..

2. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

When I ask for rovings, the dummy purchaser gives me just that. Rovings in spool. So happens he is correct as we have filament winding at the time and roving is used in FW.

No, its not a debate. Tunnels knows his stuff. He said he uses biax, triax with a csm. Same as WR+CSM in traditional boat building. Biax with a light CSM goes to the mold in one pass. Very efficient. It is WR+WR+WR that makes Ondarvr rise up.

3. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Make life simple for yourself !!

The advantage with csm attached it is usually 275 gram and wet out is a absolute breeze as there is no binders at all anywhere and you build quickly just one layer after the other because theres csm already there as a tie layer !! :idea:
    Yip been there and found that looooong time ago !! :p:D:p