Drinks at sundown in the cockpit

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by watchkeeper, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Agreed. But I do find Zinfandel a tad 'sweet' for my taste. It si very drinkable..but borders on a dessert wine for me owing to its sweetness. I'd have to try the original Croatian grape one day...been trying to find it, but can't over here. (Yes I did know it originated in Croatia :) )

I do like a very good Argentinian Malbec or NZ Pinot Noir..there some wonderful Cab-Sav's from S.Africa too :p

2. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

I'm not suggesting fist fighting, perish the very idea, thought never crossed my mind and waste of effort anyway :rolleyes:

3. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Croatia has been a wine producer since the Bronze Age.

European vineyards were wiped out by the pest phylloxera . Phylloxera was imported from America by steamships. American Root stock was resistant to the pest so it was brought over to Europe to rescue the wine industry. Many Europeans moved West to produce wine in the US.

In Croatia the Communists tore up the vineyards and replaced them with more socially acceptable Olive trees. Vineyards on a large scale have only returned since Independence. When I was first sailing the Croatian coast, Yugoslavia , 20 years ago there would only be one or two different wine choices in a market...now their are dozens.

Islands like HVAR have vineyards on their entire South west facing slopes.

And remember......to stay happy, healthy and rich...DRINK BEER !!!!!!!!!!!, wine bottle corks are treacherous, many casualties each year

Attached Files:

4. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

How about beer bashing (to the head).:p

5. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

Pillow fighting - each contender drinks 4 x 7oz glasses of neat burbon then they mount the main boom thats swung out over shallow water - home to blue rings, sea urchins and stonefish

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

mannie you wont find so much kilo in Asia . Here is "Oi' she works on the beach at a beer shop in Vietnam. She was beaten up by a drunkan Kiwi. All she wants is a loving man to look after her.

She said she wants man with good heart.

7. michael pierzga

And remember... real men drink BEER.

Can, bottle or mug.............

Attached Files:

8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

now that is a nice harbour to drop anchor
    I see she likes beer ;) thats fantastic

I am wondering - would she be willing to learn to drink Red Wine on deck of the micro ?

This pic was the last trip at sunset (with the really good wine)

Attached Files:

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Couldnt agree with you more, sipping gin and tonic is not much good in these climes. I like a good glug of beer, a US gallon would be a good drink.

10. michael pierzga

I can see from the photo that global warming is being accelerated by the millions of wine bottle corks floating on the surface of the seven seas.

REPENT !! Drink beer or Ye' shall burn........................

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh im sure you could talk her into it. Another good thing is they dont drink much, a glass would be enough for the whole evening.

Warning --some of them are real good pool players. But cheats.

If you have a clear shot they will pull thier **** out and place them on the pocket while another is ramming you in the balls with a cue.

If you can play under those rules your good

12. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Nice story,too bad her picture shows up on many websites...

But anyways my favourite is a bunch of lime juice, Cuervo or any othe decent tequila,triple sec,10 pounds of ice cubes and a really good blender.
    And a bunch of candied smoked salmon-or just plain smoked salmon..

13. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

< Reported posts and those in response containing insults and jabs directed towards other members have been removed. Please, let's keep the forums friendly towards all other members, and avoid jabs and insults directed towards others. Please take jabs or insults outside to some other site or facebook. Thanks. >

14. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Jeez WestVanHan
    where do you surf :eek:;)

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yup ok I embellished a bit just to make it interesting but still a very typical story.

She is lovely though is'nt she. here you go Mannie get yerself an eye full.

http://acidcow.com/girls/35046-cute-and-sexy-asian-girls-98-pics.html

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.