Drafting with Computer

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by dishsail, Nov 30, 2004.

1. dishsail

dishsail Junior Member

Hello Everyone,

It's been sometime since I've posted on this forum, however, I hope I have another topic that will be great discussions. I am in the current state of finding funding to study at Westlawn in the spring. I am currently looking for a copy of contruction plans for the Thistle sailboat.

I'm looking to get some experience with software packages and drafting before I start the Westlawn program. So, if I am able to find a copy of the construction plans for the Thistle sailboat, I would like to enter it into AutoCAD and Rhino for the first two software packages. The reason I am posting this post is to ask if anyone has any suggestions on how I would go about drawning this plans into the computer. I know how to use AutoCAD, but have never drawn boat plans within CAD software so I was hoping members would be able to help me. Thanks.

Joe

2. B. Hamm

B. Hamm Junior Member

Thistle's a one design boat that was never offered as a kit. You might get plans from the one design class but I doubt it. It was orriginally built of hot molded ply, not something that the average builder could reasonably do at home.

B. Hamm

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.