DOLPHIN MASSACRE in Japan !!!

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by brian eiland, Mar 12, 2007.

1. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

so how am I wrong ,,,,,I only kill for food also ,,and I was also RAISED on a farm too......also dont like sport fishing boats that catch sharks and whatnot just to take a picture of it,,longliner

2. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Catch and release is really stupid, barbaric, playing with fish like toys...
    Hunting for food is probably better for the animals than huge factory-like farms for breeding chicken and pork.
    Pigs in the slaughter house are really scared.
    So, saying that pictures of blood and animals being killed is bad, that's just too simple. I guess that wasn't anything new :)

3. rayk

rayk Senior Member

Just had a look at the video.
    Voice over and background music is a real tear jerker.

I saw animals being processed into food.
    Industrial hunting is a grisly thing to watch.
    Farming is a little more orderly, and something westerners are used to.

Tough luck dolphins, your number was up.
    Dolphins are animals. Humans eat animals.

4. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

so raggi,,,,when was the last time ya had a burger?

5. Roly

Roly Senior Member

People with your mentality and I can only feel sorry for Rayk.
    Hope all your bad luck doesn't come at once.

6. rayk

rayk Senior Member

Roly, so glad to see you remember your manners.

By the way, who asks for your pity? Has it got a dollar value?
    If not, it is worthless.

Hope is a precious commodity; if you are hopeless.
    Keep hoping Roly.

You need to work in an abattoir for a couple of weeks.
    You need to harden up.

7. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

I eat burgers and other kind of meat regularly :)
    I prefer fish ("wild cod" over "domestic salmon").
    When I eat meat I prefer lamb.

8. Roly

Roly Senior Member

While we are on cliche's
    Stand up a be counted or forever regret. What use are your manners when your values are flawed.
    :) That just about sums you up,and a good proportion of humanity.
    "Hope springs eternal", fortunately I'm blessed.......
    I remember a bit of blood thirst in my youth,pig hunting, and killing for sport.
    I don't choose to now;I am comfortable with my new values;I would rather be soft than heartless.

9. Roly

Roly Senior Member

....longliner...I meant not everyone sensitive to the plight of our animals refuses to kill,or eats b/king, or doesn't take responsibility for the food they eat. You and I aint that different. I just see certain things as barbaric.
    I would rather cook my own food anyway.
    I ain't that polite about it.
    For that I apologise.

10. StianM

StianM Senior Member

I watched the movie and did not sign anny petition.

I disliked the things i did see. The if they fishermen brought a few rifles and and had clean head shots on the annimals I would have no problem with it.
    I did not sign the petition simply because it don't seam to be against animal abuse, but this peoples culture.

Whatabout those resturants in the US or anny other place off the earth for that mather where people open oysters and eat them alive with lemon juice?
    How would you feel if I put lemon juice in your eye befour I sucked it out off your head to consume it?

There is a night market here where the snakes is hold up for show, drained for poison befour there throat is cut and thy blead to death. Blood, poison and meat are consumed, but nobody seam to care about that.

1 dolphin can feed 100 people and 2fish one person. Is it bether that 200 fish suffer than one dolphin?

My father in law used to eat dog when he was young. I don't blame him for that. People can eat whatever they want for me as long as it's killed as human as posible.

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I agree, I like meat, I want to eat meat.

The best meal I ever had was the leg of a Tiawan person in a vietnam resteraunt, with chips of course.

They offerd me a dog or a fury animal,-- but I went for the best suculant leg of Taiwan, mmmmm. With mustard.

12. StianM

StianM Senior Member

I'm glad I'm not Taiwanese with people like our dear jack frost around.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well what nationality are you then?

I can eat almost anything after a few beers. Are you french? I would rather have a frogs leg.

Do you have frogs legs?----Must be difficult getting your trousers on?

14. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Do you think I will tell you now:D

15. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Thanks for lightening things up a bit, jack. It was needed. This type of thing creates strong emotions, on both sides.

I was shocked by the starkness of the video, yet I know it was edited and had sounds and a script designed to manipulate my feelings. Someone said the narrator was a young American Hollywood liberal. He and others talk of boycotting Japanese products, demand that the government impose trade sanctions because of this horrible cruelty .... then they fall all over themselves saying how wonderful the Japanese are for making the Toyota Prius hybrid auto, demanding that the government make it easier for people to buy them from the Japanese. Either they have the attention span of a bug, or the answers aren't so easy. .... Probably both.

Killing to collect something we want but don't need, as in elephants for ivory, sharks for fins, any animal just for its fur, etc....That's just wrong, never OK.

Killing fish, chickens, cows, pigs, etc. for food, well that's natural. There I think we have an obligation to have it done without suffering or pain, if possible and for the living conditions to be as humane as possible. Biologically, humans are omnivores. We didn't have the choice to become vegetarians until civilization was developed. Being a strict vegetarian is a choice of prosperity. The subsistence farmer or coal worker in Appalachia in the US, the majority of the populations in much of the world, all eat what they can obtain, and many can't afford to buy from a store, so it's some grain, some fruit or vegetable, and some meat .... whatever and whenever it can be obtained.

I do believe that intelligence plays into it. I'm against killing whales and dolphin, for any reason. There is far too much evidence of dolphin-human communication for me not to give them a special place. And I like them, dammit!! But the obligation is to protect them, and that means stop polluting the oceans. Fishing, in the "small" sense, works as longliner and others have said, as the species becomes scarcer, switch to something else, give it time to regrow in numbers. Gov't fisheries are bureaucratic and clumsy, but they are trying to get it right. What really makes me angry are the slaughterers, and the Japanese always seem to be in the lead. If the dolphin slaughter is even only half as bad as shown in the video, it's wrong. Those huge purse seines, and the godawful megadrift nets, made of mono so they float around the oceans for years, snaring anything and everything. There is a sickness invading fishing, not limited to the Japanese, and it is the sickness of greed. At the sharp end, the fishermen are trying to make a living. But the huge corporations don't follow the rule of slack off if a species seems harder to get, giving it time to regrow. To them it's all profits, now. Keep fishing, guys, if the species gets scarce, that means we can raise the price. Keep fishing, guys, if there's a lot, we'll pay you less and store it in the freezer warehouses, sell it later when the price is higher. The corporate thinking now is all short term, gotta make higher profits each quarter or the stock will be sold off by the huge funds, and the CEO's stock option won't be worth as much. Future problems?? Don't bother me with that crap, the quarter ends in five weeks, and earnings aren't yet up to the prediction.

I don't pretend to know the answers. Overall, I know we need to understand and accept our role as guardian and steward of the earth. How do we make the greedy ones who control the governments and economies understand?? I don't know.

Let's not beat each other up here. I suspect we're all going in the same direction, just following different paths. The real enemy will never read this forum.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.