Desperate advice needed

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

It has been some time now that Ive had suspicions that my wife was seeing another man. You know the usual, ,--phone rings and no one there. I have waited up for her coming home but was not able to see anything.

Last night I hid in the garage behind the golf clubs. I waited for her return. She turned into the drive and I could see clearly that she was drunk. She got out of the car and fumbelled with her bra strap trying to re fasten it. She opened her hand bag and took out her knickers and put them on nearly tripping over as she got them cought on her high heels.

It was then that I noticed in the lights of a passing car that my wooden driver was cracked just below the head. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it to the shop?

1 person likes this.
  2. BillyDoc

BillyDoc Senior Member

Frosty,

If you have a vacuum pump and a bell jar you can mix up some epoxy, enough to submerge the club head, and put the mixed epoxy and driver in the bell jar so that the head is submerged in the epoxy. You may have to weight the club head to keep it submerged. Then pull a good vacuum and when the bubbling stops or is minimal release the vacuum. The atmospheric pressure will force the epoxy into the crack. after a couple of minutes of atmospheric pressure with the club head submerged, pull the club head out and wipe off the excess epoxy. If the crack is not too wide surface tension should hold the epoxy in. If it is too wide for that, pull a plastic bag tightly over the crack to hold the epoxy in. You have to do all of this before the epoxy sets, of course. When the epoxy does set, peel off the plastic and you should be back in business.

If you don't have the vacuum equipment, I'd take it to the shop. There is no way you can fix this problem with common tools, and your clubs are too important to risk a poor fix!

BillyDoc

3. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

You've made my day, Frosty. :D :D :D

If it wasn't for your wife, that club head could have cost you a game, so I think you should really go and express her all your gratitude.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

My question is, was the crack as a result of mistaking her head for a golf ball on the tee? or her for a criminal wielding a knife whilst threatening you and stealing your property? - in the former case repair thyself and quickly, in the latter (ensure the knife is in the thief's hand) and have the golf shop do the repairs as insurance should cover replacement costs?

A separate letter will be sent explaining legal ramifications and an invoice requiring immediate payment....

Is this a new format for the drivel thread? - where is the boat interest? :D:D:D:D:D appropriate message reads "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Frosty again."

5. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Epoxy your wife... Bagging optional... She will never cheat again...

6. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Well Frosty, I would have been pissed too. Have you seen what those drivers cost lately.

Golf clubs are very important to have aboard. You can keep pirates at least a couple of hundred yards away if the friggin wooden driver isn't cracked just below the head.

Well, at least you can enjoy the time the balls last.

I wonder if pirates will trade the wife for something else usable ?

7. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Hey are Golf Clubs like Yacht Clubs?

8. masalai

masalai masalai

in my youth I was ambidextrous, and I can assure you there are lots of similarities - a hole (whole) in one may cost you a round at the bar (one is embarrassing one is boasting rights), both have water hazards for the inebriated, both have alcohol and food for sale (sail?), membership costs are about the same, membership is similar, one you walk around to hit a ball - the other you ball around to hit a walk:D, both are places where poets and liars lubricate their lips/tonsils. Monica is not a member, to win at the game for each, one is looking for low numbers and maximising ones handicap...

9. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

well I fit the handicap part, not so sure about the rest......

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Just use your imagination and post your thoughts which for a mono person may mean "need more lead bricks in the bilge" - or "a bigger and heavier keel", ( to fall off and let the mono roll over ) - and die like a good trick dog? - - - I saw someone with the t-shirt logo "if it is not a cat it is a dog".... but thought that a bit naf and rubbing it in a little:D:D:D

11. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Hey that is just plain rude....who was this "Cat"?

I still like my boats to "have a bit of bite".....

12. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

phew....cough.....cough.....another fur ball.

13. masalai

masalai masalai

hehehehe :D:D