Designing a boat at age 12

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by starling718, Jan 11, 2006.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Hey 'Muddy' (whoa) now yoour down to my popularity level - trouble is i like running around 'neked'; well actually been so unpopular so long I'm used to it! - comes of being a full time POM I guess, and a Safety man to boot - if your going to be a **** be a complete ****! :rolleyes:

2. Mudnut

Mudnut Junior Member

I was talking about "popularity of pollies",noy you!!Plain old english dosen't sound so plain after all did we get our wires mix or somthing?Its nightime over your way,are you mixing other things,maybe in a glass?It's 6.15AM over here and good old Aussies don't start drinking untill at least 7AM.Aaarh,45mins to go!!

3. safewalrus

English? now were have I heard of that language before - not in this town that's for sure! Now what's this about not drinking until the sun is over the yardarm, most aussies I know shift the yard to suit! It's amaseing how much use a yard is on the waterline ain't it! :rolleyes: :D

4. Mudnut

Mudnut Junior Member

If ya drink enough at night,ya pissed when ya wake up,not drinking till 7AM just gives ya time to have breakfast befor ya start to "Top up"If ya allways drunk you will never have a hangover.

5. safewalrus

Mudnut you have discovered the secret of eternal life!

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Does any of you have any relevant advice for Liz? All you are doing is cluttering her thread with stupid garbage. Have some respect men.

7. safewalrus

It's all advice Gonzo, some good, some bad, some indifferent but still advice - you can learn a lot from reading this stuff! As much about what not to do as what to do! So lighten-up and remove your priests collar! Talk normal, act normal, be normal, she (and others) will obsorb the information and act accordingly.

8. Skippy

Skippy Senior Member

safewalrus: It's all advice Gonzo, some good, some bad, some indifferent . . .

and some vulgar. You've used the s--- word several times throughout this thread, sw. The rest I'd say tends mostly toward bad or indifferent.

9. trouty

trouty Guest

Me thinks

young Liz like most 12 year olds has long since lost interest!

That or a galapagos lizzard ate her and her friends!:D ;)

Grown men acting like idiots around kids...

Yep - sounds normal to me!:D

Hey ease up, some of us are old enough to be in our second childhood!:eek:

Cheers!

10. safewalrus

Some of us never left our first childhood eh Skippy!

11. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Trouty: Liz probably got tired of all this. It is a shame that grown men can't show respect and provide a good example. "Acting and talking normal" , in my life, includes good manners.

12. trouty

trouty Guest

Bzzz wrong!

Why create a false belief in kids - like the Easter Bunny and so on?

Is the pleasure derived worth the suffering when they find out that the world they believe in, lied to them?

The world is fulla old pharts like us - and Liz is part a that world - best she gets used to it from the get go! Thattaway there are no dissapointments later on!

I believe we do the kids a disservice to let them grow up believing the world aint intrinsically bad - coz, otherwise they are prime bait for the less trustworthy in this world - best they grow up streetwise - no matter how much we might wish it was otherwise.

I've seen / experienced the pain - of believing in people - only to have that belief 'shattered' later in life - no one IMHO should have to undergoe that!

Best to grow up realising ALL people are intrinsically bad - some are just less bad than others!

Cheers!

13. kach22i

kach22i Architect

No way, you guys went off topic.......................never happens.:D

14. safewalrus

what topic?:rolleyes:

trouty mate your absolutly right bang on in fact!:D

15. trouty

trouty Guest

There was ever a topic?

Sheesh - now ya done gone went and confused me some!

I never realised there was a cogent / coherrant topic in the first place - I kinda figured young Liz just spat out whatever was foremost in her mind at that fleeting instant, and then, like most 12 year olds, moved on to mobile phones, space invaders, and then boy germs all in the next 15 seconds as kids are wont to do (which is whats so great about kids - they are too niaive to actually deliberately be intrinsically bad like grownups are - tis called the innocense of youth!).

Right Safewalrus?

Yes sadly so - the most painfull lesson ever of my life and the latest learned the hardest of ways!!:(

Everyone is bad until proven other wise and even then, your still suspect!;)

Like the little kid "izzy" - who's dad did him a favor....and stood him on the table, and aid - "dive izzy and I will catch you!".

Young Izzy being ever the careful type says - "Yes dad, but what if you miss?".

"Just trust me son - & I will catch you!".

So Izzy dives!

And dad takes two steps backwards as young izzy face plants the concrete! :rolleyes:

Izzy looks up - bewildered that his dad could be so cruel! :confused:

Dad says!

"Let that be a lesson to you in life young Izzy - never trust ANYONE - not even your old man!".

By being an adulterer and alcoholic - my old man tried hard to teach me that - but I refused to believe, preferring instead to believe my mother! :rolleyes:

27 years later with the mother of my 3 children flat on her back phukking her azzwipe bozz in seedly dirty motels for $16 a hour he stole from the public purse to pay her salary when she shoulda been at work, for her services, - I finally realized that she is just another mans ***** and always will be! :rolleyes:

I shoulda listened to what my ol man tried so hard to teach me!! ;)

It wouldn't a hurt so bad if I had!

Cheers!