Designing a boat at age 12

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by starling718, Jan 11, 2006.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I am sorry that some idiots are turning your thread into one more collection of political idiocy. I hope that you can find enough information to get you started. It may be that you'll be forced to begin a new thread. Feel free to email me if you need any help.
    Good luck

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Never said Mrs. Clinton was stupid, she's certainly not that! :eek: If anybody can get America sorted out at the moment it's her! But she can(and I don't think this will happen, she's seen it already,remember. And hopefully learned from it) and if she's not careful, will be corrupted like the rest of 'em!:rolleyes:

Now to keep Gonzo sweet (he kinda gets worked up about the wrong politics, it's what comes of being related to a 'muppet' [a turkey at that!]) Say something nice about boats - Unfortunately as yoy are aware politics rules and shapes our entire lives both now and the future so a good grounding in the basics is well worth having! The trick is to be able to absorb it all, form your own opinion and stick by it! At times not that easy!;)

3. starling718

starling718 Liz Scales

Yeah, I talk about politics a lot. This is what happened in my class last year:

Teacher: So, Ike what are you going to be for halloween?
    Ike(student): Oh, I donno. Maybe Bush in a dunce cap.

And he acually WAS bush for halloween, and yes with a dunce cap. This year he was Donnald Rumfeld(No idea how to spell it).

4. safewalrus

Trouble is bush don't wear the cap just for halloween! and old Donald don't know how to spell it either (that's a heck of a problem when you can't spell your own name!) Poor old Bergalia has this problem all the time, he tells me!

5. trouty

trouty Guest

Theres no denying Hilliarys a bit of a hot babe!

But "president material"???? :confused: :confused:

Has everyone forgotten whitewater?

Whattabout the China white imported into calif by her n him?

C'mon people, you deserve better than that!

Maybe if the bad guys hadn't shot JJ's plane down over martha's vineyard - you'd a got yaself another peoples president.

I'd say your about long overdue for one by now!

For my money - Young Liz here has all the makings!

I'd contribute to her campaign fund and be proud to wear a button said "vote Liz!"

Cheers!

6. safewalrus

Given time Trouty, given time and we're all behind you, but first young Liz has got to get out and enjoy herself a little bit, travel a bit and generally have fun, then she can settle down and sort 'em out!:cool:

hey did you to be President of the Greatest Country in the World (not bad for a former colony eh :cool: ) you have to be "mature"!

Well OK looking at what they've had lately, just a little bit, er "grown-up":confused:

er look out Liz they'll be sending for you sooner than you think!:D

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you guys don't quit I'll go dump some tea in the ocean.

8. trouty

trouty Guest

Just don't

Just don't go to Boston to do it - theres a good fellow!:D ;)

I wonder who will do the Paul Revier(sp?) ride in 2006??

http://www.rense.com/general69/21.htm

What next? :rolleyes:

Cheers!

9. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

10. safewalrus

Heard you guys can't do that anymore, need all the reject (we don't let you have anyother kind - no taste) tea you can get to make Coke out of, specially now you've removed the cocaine!

Not a lot of people know that!:rolleyes:

11. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

12. trouty

trouty Guest

sniff sniff

sniff sniff...

'snifter weather'?

"snot if it keeps up!" :D

Damn, this kid will learn bad stuff with us old codgers around!:rolleyes:

Her mothers probably reeling in disgust by now- likely she will call the PC (politically correct) police oon us soon!:rolleyes:

Hey - maybe her moms a Hilliary supporter? :?:

Hillary....ya hafta admit - she is hot tho..am I right? :)

Heck I'd vote for her - Whitewater scandal or no - whats a little China white cocain between friends afterall!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmm - maybe your too young to KNOW what a bunch a crooks ALL politicians are young Lizz!

Best you concentrate on the boat building and sailing to the Galapagos - wouldn't want to see these crooked politicians messing with your young mind!
    You'll have plenty a time for that when you get old and cynical like the rest of us! ;)

Cheers!

13. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

This thread it seems has descended into politics. Which is a shame, really, because I'm of the view that politics and boating shouldn't go together. At all. Ever. Especially not on a forum.

Anyway, back to the boating question....

It occurred to me the other day, that an aluminium boat might a good thing to look at. After all, it doesn't have any particular effect on the rainforest itself.

Just a thought,

Tim B.

14. safewalrus

OK who said it ? ? ? :confused:

"Tim, Tim, nice but dim":p

'cause it political, don't you read noffin':D

15. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

I trust Tim B is displaying a rare and cynical sense of humour with this claim.
    As Tim B knows - or should as a "Marine Design" person (unless he styles Action Man toys) the production of aluminium is one of the most environmentally destructive materials yet devised by industry. From the mining of bauxite (which leaves a landscape scoured of all botanical life) to the high usage of electricity in the smelting process (generated by burning coal, or daming rivers for hydro-power) which drowns forests, disrupting human communities, and wildlife often to the point of extinction...

"doesn't have any particular effect on the rainforest..." very droll Tim B, very droll....:mad: