Dealing with pirates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dave L, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

'Malice'? isn't that some kind of hammer used by saiors to hit things with (thought I'd try to bring you all back on track - wasting my time no doubt but.........

2. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Nay me old salt... The malice was the stand for the chalice. Bit like a mantlepiece but smaller 'cos they were poor ya see.

Mychael

3. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Wasn't that a song, "Living Next Door to Malice,"

Mychael I'm sure Jack would never say a bad word about anybody:?:
    Yeah I'm dead sure.:confused:
    Well I'm fairly sure:rolleyes:
    Or would he:(

1 person likes this.
  4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

A malice is a wooden hammer that you hit a chisel with?

Boys Im sure your missing me but my attention is fully occupied. Ohh those long legged girls with strapy shoes, Ohh my gooodnes me.

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Poida - heard he once said something nice about someone - nobody believed him! I can understand that!

So...... if you hit the chalice with the malice this should improve the sp-lice? Glad we got that sorted out, makes the job so much easier!

6. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Jack,

Either the "sweet old lady" was having you on, or she misunderstod the reference. In either case, it's like the septic tank, Yank thing (Yeah, I finally got it).

Pom is actually a bit of your rhyming slang. All you limeys living in Koala Land and thereabouts are Poms because pomigranate rhymes (sort of) with what you are because you came to Koala Land and weren't born there.

Charlie

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Now listen here dont go slandering my character. That is not true. Although I do admit to patting a dog on the head once.

Charmc Are you kidding or what "Koala land or thereabouts" Are you trying to say the 'Far east'?

I know you '*******' are a little bit geographically challenged in places of the world but--- Its a bit down and to the right of Iraq--- now you surely know where that is --dont you? X

Note ---the X is where a smiley should go but I dont use them. I hate them.

8. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

I told you ..I told you ,,,jack is one mean som %&$tch,just comes off passive ,,,to get a knife in ya,,,,,,,,,longliner

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yeah probably-- silly cow!

It was a long time ago-- She is probably dead now. She was quite sweet though --looked a bit like the Queen mum.

I hope she is in heaven giving Cockney Rhyming slang lessons to passed on *******

Oh and a bit of geography as well I hope --if she has the time.

Are we of topic or what? X

10. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Jack, Jack, me boyo, calm down, calm down. This Yank worked hard for many years, in classes and out in the world, to get hisself an ejoooo kay shun. So he knows the world is a very big place, and knows that different regions aren't nearly as big as the locals think.

Not sure which part of Thailand you call home, but if it's near the sea, say in Samut Prakan or Sattahip, then you're only as far from Darwin or Perth (by way of Georgetown, Palembang, Surabaya, and Kupyang) as Los Angeles is from Miami in the US. If you're down by Songkhla, you're even closer. So you're saying a mere 5000 km makes you not "thereabouts" to the Ozzies and sheepshaggers? Not very neighborly of you, Jack! X

11. charmc

charmc Senior Member

If only I could get one of those to give me geography lessons when this septic passes on, then it would be heaven, fershur. X

12. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Can't remember, was this thread about sealing a wooden boat or welding an aluminium one? Or was this a thread we wanted to keep going just for the hell of it?

:eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) These are for you Jack.:D

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Charmc --Samut Prakan!--Sattahip! Im impressed,! Youve been Googling?

Talking of piracy I might just be going down the Malacca straits again,--someone wants a Warram delivering to Hong Kong.

What a piece of crap they are, I just cant see what people rave about. I mean they have invented nuts and bolts to hold boats together, why use string.

Any way as I have already discussed the theory of no pirates for the yachty any more down the Straits. I shall try my hardest to get pirated this time.
    I will take the camera and record it for you, but I cant make them attack if they dont want to. I will do my utmost to encourage them with lights left on all night and a pot of warm soup wafting its aroma across the bay.
    I shall tie a bra and panties to the mast, leave the swim ladder down and fly an American flag.
    What more can I do? The pirates (round here anyway) are getting really sloppy.

Mind you they probably wont like the Warram-even a pirate wouldnt be seen in one of those worthless lumps of crap.

I need a Browning 9mm and an old motorcycle number plate.

14. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Just out of interest. What is a Warram?

Mychael

15. rayk

rayk Senior Member

...and what about the old motorcycle number plate?
    Is it a sneaky weapon for killing pirates...some old pub fighting trick...an improvised weapon from an SAS survival hand book...
    Or is it a personalised plate...worth trading your life for....worth 2000 pounds...
    A shield for deflecting machete blows..?

I wont be able to sleep tonight....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.