Dealing with pirates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dave L, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Geez... This thread is hostile alright:D

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Jack, enjoy the ladies.

Everyone else, sounds like it's time for a beer! (Is there ever a situation when it's not time for a beer?). Jack, how about one before you go?

1 person likes this.
  3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

did someone say time for a beer - I'll drink to that (Ok then try a couple)! If you must go Jack enjoy, but we'd rather not miss your wit and charm (me I'd get darned lonely with no one to shout at!) Anyway have a good one and see you soon, take care buddy

Hey Charmc, don't get to worried 'tis all in jest - us old buggers got to have some fun eh! It's probably a pommy/limey/Brit thing but we actually enjoy calling each other names! But thanks for the concern anyway

4. charmc

charmc Senior Member

OK, walrus, let me get this straight: Jack's a pom, which is a limey wot went to Aussieland to play with the pythons and koalas, and you're a limey, which is a Brit wot stuck at 'ome ecept for occasional sojourns out to sea, where he spilled 'is cuppa tay, so 'e often went back to port, where 'e ordered a beer (warm, 'cuz 'es a limey). Right?

I'll drink to that!

5. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

There's us ozzies,,,, and then there's all the rest. That's all you need to know.
    Poms/Limeys..Englands gain and our lose when they come over here.
    Talk funny, have funny names for stuff. Still think they can play cricket, only bathe on Sundays, oh the list could go on and on. ;-)

Mychael

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

You seem a bit confused Charmc. I havnt even got on the ferry to Thailand yet and your losing it. its a 1 hour --Malaysia to Thailand, then a 1500 klik drive to Bangkok and through the other side.

Your in charge remember! Dont let that limey 'walruss' start to take your position of you.

You know what teaboys on tug boats are like. Always trying to work thier way up to the bridge with nothing more than a soggy tea bag.

7. safewalrus

Look fella's as long as I got the teabag I can tax it right! the Pom's in charge - al you other guys are from the penal colonies, guess that would make you pirates - jees have I got some problems here! But as long as I have the teabag I'm OK? Yes? It's this age thing, I think?

8. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

dammit I know deep down in my heart ,,,,that England was colonied by convicts,,,,if only I could prove it ,,,,longliner

9. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Maybe not convicts, but ...?

"But then, a lot of British history looks pretty weird..."

(BBC consultant Philip Hoare, June 21, 2000)

10. safewalrus

That of course is why we have a history! somebody needs to look wierd around here! and boy can we Brits do that (Yeah I know - the walruss especially - where did that extra 's' come from?)

11. charmc

charmc Senior Member

"Iceland: Beer Day (March 1st) - National Beer Day celebrates a 75 year long prohibition of beer which ended on March 1st, 1989. Highly festive celebrations are held at pubs, restaurants, and clubs all around Iceland, as now Icelanders are one of the world's leading beer drinkers."

Some (lots, really) of you European and Ozzie types make fun of us Americans. At least it took us a lot less than 75 years to figure out that Prohibition was a lousy idea!

12. HighTide

HighTide Junior Member

Are you guys serious? This is 2007. There are NO pirates by definition.

13. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

nope no pirates or highwaymen or outlaws ,,were is that your from again?

14. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Charmc

Ozzies make fun of Americans?
    No way, you lot do alright by yourself, you don't need our help.:p

15. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Now Now Poida. We must be nice to the other colonists.. They're our friends.. Little Johnney says so. lol

mychael

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.