Dealing with pirates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dave L, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Ill take curtain number four

throwing water balloons and candy canes at some fool with a rocket propelled grenade just seems a bit mild a response to me

2. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

First off we need to clean our own houses. Release all the unlawfully detained captains we have. Cant have it both ways. Cant play Jack Sparrow one moment, expecting respect and adoration as a criminal, then turn right around and not expect the same treatment in return. Expecialy if you do it for kicks. Besides if Davey Jones ever took anything it would be HIS OWN. He didnt steal his boat. If so who from?

Who's locker?
    Wiki

"Davy Jones's Locker is an idiom for the bottom of the sea: the resting place of drowned sailors. It is used as a euphemism for death at sea (to be sent to Davy Jones's Locker),[1] whereas the name Davy Jones is a nickname for what would be the devil/saint/god of the seas. "

Devil, Saint, or God?
    Gonna let Disney decide for you?

3. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I agree Boston, a bit like going to a gun fight with a knife.

I hear there was another hijacking recently, sorry if it was mentioned - and the ransom was paid, couple of mil, 30 or so ?

I said it before and I say it again. Pretty soon the pirates will have all the boats, weapons even fighter planes as long as the ransoms keeps coming in.

We're paying them to become a force to recon with. How much more moronic can that become.

I suspec this thread was started as a means of finding out what it means for us when we find ourselves in such a situation, or what precaution we can take to prevent us ourselves from being hijacked.

Seems it has just became impossible to do anything. We're up against a well fitted out, well armed... well... army.

4. mark775

mark775 Guest

Sorry, I am completely ignorant of what you are talking. "First off we need to clean our own houses. Release all the unlawfully detained captains we have" Would you please enlighten me?

5. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

(*****-footing around with terrorists/pirates makes this a more dangerous world.)

.....mark775, you are soooooo right...yaers ago they arab terrorists tried their crap in Moscow, the Soviets got their Ambassador at the time, took him to the aircraft, told the terrorists to get off, they refused, so they raided the plane and shot em all dead, then sent them all packing home....never to return.

That is what they understand....

6. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Do I answer your question directly, risking coming of as a chump greenhorn? Or do I play the bad cop "I think you know full well exactly wherof I speak". card? Which ever position will affect you so you help rid the seas of pirates,as you claim to want, that tack will I happily take. For you.

How about we split the difference and instead YOU please enlighten me as to what you meant when you said...

Thread "What are the aspects of a design that makes it really bad?
    You wrote
    It's so ugly that I want it!

Help me decide which tack to take.
    So I can stay on topic.
    ...You know, how to deal with pirates.

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I must admit Im completely mystified by your posts Cappy Bill. I can see your from Cajun country and as such maybe it is I who lack the linguistic skills to understand your local dialect nor do I understand much "bayou" if you speak Creole try and work with us a little here. please restate what your trying to get at so maybe if we have misunderstood you we can have another go at it
    I must say for as long as its been I remember the language is a bit difficult.
    Mark is not a bad sort so just try and make yourself clear and Im sure all will be well

cheers
    B

8. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Let me back up. Disregard the last post.
    If I can just ask, from two posts ago, I asked some questions. These questions are meant to help me understand what peoples definition of a pirate is. Because if you believe Jack Sparrow is a good guy, fine. Just say so. But DO expect somebody to call you a hypocrit.
    .....Expecially someone sitting at Mommy's place BECAUSE pirates ran of with not one but TWO boats with nothing else to do at 3am.

Oh, sorry about the dialect. I picked that up from work... (?)

9. Zed

Zed Senior Member

There are a few different types of pirates around here Cappy, you had better define terms.

10. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Kinda the point. Everyone seems to think they can have their own definition as though the law hasnt done it already.

You have pirates and you have captains. There, I said it.They are both mutualy exclusive.
    That is as defined by Admiralty Law. I can go find the statues if you wish.

Hey, I coulda swore I asked you for your definition of a pirate?

If you think I just take on the Capt title and wave it around like "look at me, I'm a captain" you would be very mistaken. All I will say is if you were in my stead you would understand exactly what i say... and you would'nt be calling me Cappy either.
    Just a heads up.

11. Zed

Zed Senior Member

My first post to this thread so I doubt that you have... someone else maybe.

12. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

There are only two types of pirates -

The bad ones, they are the ones that needs to be killed.

And the good ones - they have already been killed.

13. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

No interest in seeing anyone die. They just need to return what they took. So the Capt can let it be forgotten.

14. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

They can't return the lives they took.

15. Marco1

Marco1 Senior Member

What planet are your from Bill? Piracy is a crime against private property and humanity and the only way to deal with it is sinking their boats and bomb the country that harbours them. Are you a pirate? Do you like to be one? Do you have a soft spot for pirates? Poor misunderstood victims of the bad capitalist?

We should have a sabbat year, that is one year every 7 when it is allowed to have spring cleaning without fear of it being defined as ethnic cleansing. We could even get the greenines on site with that one.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.