Dealing with pirates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dave L, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

How are those black hats going to stand up on a sailboat in the wind Mas ?

2. mark775

mark775 Guest

Good morning!
    Boston, THAT i understand.
    You don't know who Keith Richburg is, do you, nor the significance of what he wrote? Just Google - The man is RIGHT. Yes, the world abused slaves. The U.S. never took slaves. The descendants of the slaves we bought have infinitely more opportunity than the peoples who were not enslaved (and have not had their heads lopped off by machetes).
    Mas, I try to read you - I really do, but so much nonsense over so many posts, I just can't get behind finishing a paragraph. I speed-read and get A CONCEPT almost instantly but if the concept is rotary and nonsensical, as most of yours are, I am stopped in my tracks and reduced to going word by word. I have also learned that if a poster constantly uses the crutch of attachements, he probably hasn't bothered to use his own thoughts. Sorry, no time for that.
    Hillbilly, I was going to drag parts of your post down here in quotes but JEEZ, you're a mess. As much as you apoligize for the country that bought your freedom to be an ******* with the lives of our boys, if it weren't for your lack of abilities, I'd say you certainly had an alias. Barack? Is it you?
    Really, aren't you the one that hates my country so much that you were going to leave post haste? I offered you a one-way ticket to wherever you wanted and you sheepishly declined? Just out of curiosity, which place on this planet, from which so many people are fighting to leave to come here, are you planning to go? Nevermind. I don't want to know.

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

always entertaining Mark
    no I have no idea what the guy wrote but that quote was either indicative or a misleading representative of his opine
    so which is it

and just to clarify things
    I studied a lot of history but certainly there is lots more to be had
    the basics of slavery go a little like this
    its been around forever and no single group can claim a monopoly on it, although the Romans certainly developed in to an art, if one cares to refer to the state of slavery as an art. In the previous few centuries one of the less often discussed issues of slavery is the difficult little fact that it was black slavers on the coasts of Africa who sold black slaves to the whites who then transported them. There is a key misunderstanding that whites penetrated the African continent in search of slaves. It was not necessary that they do so, as the coastal tribes were more than happy to sell or trade there brethren for the trade goods offered them. The moral value of various pro slavery comments quoted by whom ever may or may not have been offered in context with the quoted authors views. That would be your call not mine. I try to keep quotes in context with as little ambiguity as possible.

I to struggle to understand were you are coming from as there seems to be so much spit and vinegar to your posts that its hard to find an actual toehold
    but I do find it all dam entertaining so by all means dont change a thing
    speaking of which what ever happened to Masrapido, I loved reading his posts.

cheers all
    B

4. BillyDoc

BillyDoc Senior Member

Well Mark, as usual your memory has failed you in regard to my previous posts concerning your plane ticket offer. I pointed out in that post that the rest of the world so dislikes Americans, such as you, that they will not allow you to enter their country AT ALL without visible means of getting back out and on your way again. That is, a return ticket. If you tried traveling you would know this. Which is why your offer was an empty one. But thanks anyway. I wish I could take you up on it!

I also notice that you carefully avoided my question to you about crying and whining to Jeff and getting some threads dumped because you can't answer any direct political realism. I can understand why you didn't answer the question, of course, because such an act would be pure cowardice, and you know it. Your non-answer will serve, however.

Do you have the balls to talk about WHY I say that your country and mine has turned into a pile of despicable ****? How about that issue I briefly mentioned, the "Shock and Awe" bombing program being terrorism? Want to address that one? Discuss it like a man, maybe? You know, discussion, as opposed to name calling like a child? Or are you off to Jeff again?

BillyDoc

5. mark775

mark775 Guest

Boston, he was a black journalist for the Washington Post, sent on assignment to West Africa, saw headless corpses floating down the river, people with arms hacked off, tribes raping and killing four innocents because the other tribe ***** and killed four innocents, and got out of that **** hole and said, "thank God for slavery" (it got us out of there).
    Hillbilly, I don't know who Jeff is but to assume he a moderator. I have never used nor looked at that part of the site.
    No, I cannot have discourse with you. I will have one stab at this, and one only. You, I would put before a wall and shoot were I king but the cool thing is that I am not, nor is anyone here. You can therefore say whatever stupid **** any Huffington Post liberal can dream up because you are free. FU and the baby blue Prius you rode in on.

6. BillyDoc

BillyDoc Senior Member

Handled like a real American Man, Mark, running . . . running . . . running . . .

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

and so goes the pirates thread down and past Davie Jones locker.
    interesting stuff about Richburge I had not read any of his stuff venture it to say that the state of affairs between some of the more violent of the African tribes has changed little over time and if anything with the advent of guns gotten worse. I think the point however was racism and not a moral investigation of cultural norms. My ancestors would have tied your white *** to an ant hill and let you bake in the sun while they ate your food rummaged your stuff and had your wife and kids, they would however have let your relatives live as long as the lesson was learned and your kin were willing to play nice from then on *1. Course the Europeans would have slaughtered every man woman and child ( the Pequot massacre ) of a given tribe and then lied cheated and stolen everything that wasnt nailed down and some stuff that even was. Point being we are all guilty of our History although some more so than others. The need to look past the basic flaws in all our histories and make amends and reparations is more the topic at hand, that being so as in many cases of past indiscretions there are two fundamental sticky points

1 those indiscretions are more in the present than the past
    for instance indian land is still being mined without compensation from the companies mining them to the tribes

2 payments promised in binding contracts from various land sales have not been paid. Kinda negates the sale if you ask me unless someone wants to cough up the money as has been ordered in various supreme court decisions

actually that was more of a Midwestern and Western tribal rarity and the Iroquois never played that way. The Iroquois would just split the offending parties skull with a war club and the offended party would wash his hands in your brains ( assuming you had any ) ( not directed at anyone in particular so lets not get all sensitive about my goofy sense of humor )

way more civilized than burning innocents at the steak for witchcraft. There is a great book called High Road to the Stake that among other things defines the process quite nicely. The cruelest example being of a beautiful young woman who's jailers sold tickets to. She had several children over the three or so years of her torture ( She was tortured during the day and sold during the night to help pay for the prosecution of her family by the local justice who she had been forced to, once blithering insane, to implicate in her witchcraft ) she was lead to the stead drooling mad ofter years of torture and having been taken out and made to watch the torture and burning of her entire family one by one over the years. The girls treatment at the hand of her jailers is nothing less than the culmination of every nightmare of the inquisition come true with the malleus maleficarum being the model of what by some researchers is millions of similar prosecutions; it being specifically designed to drive the victim to incoherent insanity thus proving the existence of a demon and justifying the prosecution.

thank god for civilization

if you would like to discuss the cultural norms of various European cultures Ive got a pretty good handle on history

oh
    the woman previously described family was guilty of building a flower mill a few years before the local justice decided to build his. He didnt like the competition and always did have an eye for there beautiful daughter.
    Great guy eh and all perfectly legal at the time.

this page is gettin ugly
    I predict its imminent doom

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

hey Fanie
    little tidbit for your further edification
    the pyramids were not built by slaves
    that hole thing is a Judo-Christianic myth invented long after the pyramids were actually constructed

there was no actual diaspora nor a conquest of the Canaan valley. Get a copy of The Bible Unearthed and read up on what archeology has to say about it. Its a great book written by several of the leading archeologists in the field. I think one is the editor of archeology magazine and the other is the professor emeritus of archeology university of Tel Aviv. Its not so much a refutation of the bible story or Judaism as it is an assessment of the tribal histories of the area. Turns out the Hycsos ( Jewish people as they would later be known as ) were a rather primitive mountain tribe living in highlands of the Canaan valey. The Egyptians seldom enslaved them in any numbers and actually built a series of fortifications along there boarder to protect the Nile valley from incursions during times of drought. The pyramids were built by a small town of craftsmen located not far away and it would have been an insult to the Gods to have a slave work on there temples. The Egyptians were excellent records keepers and although the actual construction method is unknown there is a lot that is known about the town of craftsman who built them.

9. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Mmmm... it seems like your small town of craftsmen had some outside help.

How long ago were those built... and here we are, modern 'civilized' humans capable of complex technologies, great sea worthy boats that can sail to wind that was unknown in the times of the pyramids, yet we are not even capable of accepting and accomodating our fellow man's differing from our own.

Quick to judge and to discard, slow to patience and understanding.

Then it doesn't surprise me the actual construction method of the pyramids remains unknown.

Seems we have a ways to go yet.

10. Boston

Boston Previous Member

even the age of the pyramids is not firmly established
    the base of each is made up of significantly larger stones than the upper sections and seem to be weathered at a different rate. That according to Hapgood who is not all that well liked by a lot of others in his field, but he has a point. The sphinx also is of significantly older origins with there being obvious water damage on the edifice and the surrounding quarried area. Also the quality of the craftsmanship changes in the great pyramids as apposed to others in the valley.

It has been reasonably established that they were not tombs and the only inscription ever found in the great pyramid was misspelled using modern pigments by a man known to fake artifacts that and all other pyramids were covered in excerpts from the book of the dead.

B

11. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I recently saw this whole thing on the crown
    its some oddball conglomeration of three areas of the world that have no real association with an individual country but are controlled by a smallish group of people and contain the vast majority of the worlds wealth
    one is in London England one in Washington and lastly the Vatican city
    I dont remember the whole story but basically its thought that those mystery men who control everything
    do it from one of those three unaffiliated locations
    not sure what the deal is
    but Im sure one of you folks have the whole scoop

12. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Land of the free is loosing more and more freedom every day:D:D:D:D

14. swabbie

swabbie Previous Member

15. masalai

masalai masalai

A copy-&-paste from my build thread, as this is an important development in anti-pirate technology and must be shared with you lot.... - - - - "..... Bloody typo's... I am working on the perfect sails, I am in the process of training some "bird-catching-spiders" to spin the sails for me and to obey voice commands so if we are ever attacked by pirates I just have to tell them dinner is coming and to attack the pirates and the spiders roll them into a "mummy-sack" and hang for their larder - I reckon the boat will look pretty scary too - so we may actually have to go and chase some pirates... - - luckily, as a 'spirit-being', the spiders are not interested in eating me - ..... '

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.