Climate change falsehood

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by gonzo, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

mark the first paragraph is all covered on the climate thread
    the second I kinda like

2. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Well that's a yes actually... but heck lets nuke everyone, that's more fun and a lot quicker!

Growth and prosperity actually become an either or choice soon, then if we go far enough neither option is available. They, economically speaking, are not joined at the hip we can choose prosperity without growth, we just have to kill the banking system as we know it. Google Chris Martenson and watch "The Crash Course" , he is right about a lot of what he says!

3. Zed

Zed Senior Member

LOL, you can barely do it now! Wake up, smell the coffee the US is broke and very soon to be challenged! "Benevolent" since when was that ever the case --> LOL you lot always worked to your and only your benefit, anything else was coincidental and peripheral, don't fool yourself on that count ---> its what all countries do!

4. mark775

mark775 Guest

Actually Zed, It's probably best to avoid the nukes and their negative perceptions and fallout. They also are more expensive and not selective enough.
    "LOL, you can barely do it now! Wake up, smell the coffee the US is broke and very soon to be challenged" - More reason for us to stay strong, I imagine. I do pretty good, myself. Is Australia going to mount an attack soon? A lot of aggression coming from down under... Strange, I always thought of Aussies as mostly good mates until recently. Are you drunk?

5. Zed

Zed Senior Member

There is no need to attack the US, it is pulling itself a part, the US is the only entity that will defeat the US as is the case with all empire, it rots from within and rotting it is.

LOL aggression, that's not aggression... jeez Louise!

No I am not drunk LOL... mebe you are the way those tags are coming down!

The people we like, the US 'machine' is something else all together.

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

In spite of some answers that have nothing to do with the thread, most show opinions that have something in common: climate change is bad. That seems to have become the accepted dogma. The world is arguing whether it is happening or not. However, there is very little debate about the good and evil of a change. Also, if the change is caused mainly by non-human processes, it would be good to prepare for the inevitable.

7. Zed

Zed Senior Member

I think the world is decided that its happening, after all only a fool would claim that climate is static. The question is can we impact it, if so how, then what other concerns are involved in the how. If you look at the how closely enough its not hard to see that there are overriding concerns that effectively make the original question of man made climate change a mute point. The real point is ---> it don't matter who is right, the practical challenge will become new energy sources to power our lives... and that challenge is arriving sooner than you probably think. Energy crisis dead ahead skipper!

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

actually its pretty easy to show that the alterations in the atmospheric chemistry are caused by the burning of fossil fuels

there is a dramatic rise in co2 content of the atmosphere over the last 600,000 year norm and when the isotopic signature of that co2 is measured it matches that given off by fossil fuels rather than animal or plant respiration and volcanic activity. Kinda a no brainier actually but tell that to the deniers camp and watch the worming and squirming begin.

I agree that if we are lucky we will run out of fossil fuels sooner than later

the industry is strangely quiet about that issue

9. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Lucky might mean WWIII... this is why people hate greens, they revere all life but their own species, damn the human suffering so long as the tree frogs are fine. This is also why that crew are losing traction, they keep telling us off rather than working on the solutions... they are focused on tree frogs fifty years down the track rather than an energy crisis that will appear in five years.

Industry is spending more and doing more in a practical sense to solve these issues and all they get for underpinning your life style with all the things that you take for granted is whiny little academics taking pop shots at them because they are the enemy. Try and build a solar array in a California desert and see how far you get! In fact try do anything in California and see how far you get before some one sues you. The green movement is full of humanity hating anarchists that seem to want us back in the stone age, nothing positive ever seems to come from this crew... propose a wind farm, get sued, propose a solar farm, get sued, propose a tidal project, get sued..... mean while Chevron, the dreaded enemy actually does more in this area in a practical sense than most all of its detractors... but I forget, they are funding the deniers aren't they.

Anywhooo its a moot point, stop wasting energy on it a apply your talents to finding solutions, who knows you may end up working with an energy company and come to appreciate the true scale of the challenge.

10. Boston

Boston Previous Member

human suffering will be at its worst if we loose the environment and all end up shoulder to shoulder eating pond scum (tofu and it sounds like you love tofu)

bring on ww3 or a plague or something cause the root of all evil in this case is overpopulation

11. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Tofu in Laksa Yeah!, in anything Americun, prolly not!

Cool, I vote you die first!

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

very intelligent response
    no wonder the human race is in so much trouble

I notice your last was a slithering effort to defend industry in its bid to bury us all in there trash for profits plan

amazing
    you have got to work for these guys cause no one in there right mind would try to defend the efforts of the oil and gas giants that have so completely disregarded the people you so pathetically attempt to show any concern for

are you positive you want to get into a debate over industry atrocities
    cause you seem to be running out of anything intelligent to add the our conversations

13. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Yarp cause industry is a amorphous homogeneous blob of evil ain't it? All the same everywhere and profit is a dirty word. Boston, you are starting to play the man... I think tis you who find themselves armed with blanks?

14. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Unfortunately for your argument, the ones who believe man is different from other animals are themselves doing the "natural" thing. So if it turns out that they can overpower the "weaker" subgroup of humans who "know global warming is all a scam", that's natural too.
    The green group's attitude in believing humans to be more responsible, in that light, is as natural as the attitude that humans aren't responsible.
    Everyone is "following their nature" because after all, they are doing what humans do.
    Or do you think the greeners are somehow unnatural? If chimps suddenly started cleaning up their trash, would you call that natural or unnatural?

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

again oversimplified generalities Zed
    sprinkled with sad attempts at bravado
    thankfully your confidence is not shared by the courts and certain industries are at last being held responsible for there pollution
    the trend will strengthen as the extent of that pollution becomes apparent
    so once again a pedestrian view of world conditions is clearly not going to help you win the day
    mate

B

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.