Classic Yacht Symposium – Call for Papers

Discussion in 'Education' started by dvgale, Jul 21, 2004.

1. dvgale

dvgale Boats_4_People

Upcoming Classic Yacht Symposium – Herreshoff Marine Museum, Bristol, RI, April 1-3, 2005 :cool:

From the current Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME) News:

Call for Papers -
    Classic Yacht Symposium

The Herreshoff Marine Museum and
    The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
    April 1-3, 2005
    At the Herreshoff Marine Museum, Bristol, RI

The symposium will bring together Classic Yacht Owners, Restorers, Boat Builders, Technicians, and Aficionados.

Invitation to Authors:
    The Herreshoff Marine Museum and the New England Section of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers invite interested parties to present a paper and, or slide presentation of a subject relative to excellence in classic yacht restoration or replication.

:!: Abstracts Due Friday, 13 August 2004

For details, go to the SNAME Web site and view the current SNAME e-NewsLetter:

http://www.sname.org/newsletter/news0704mid.htm

and click on the link indicated for the details:

http://www.sname.org/newsletter/cfpyachtsymposium.pdf

Note that, since the invitation is extended to “interested parties”, I would assume that membership in SNAME or with the Museum is NOT required to present a paper. Note, however, the imminent due date for abstracts this August!

Don Gale
    South Salem, NY

(I was not quite sure under which forum to post this; but for multiple posts being discouraged, I might have put it under Boat Design and/or Boat Building as well. Hopefully, all interested parties will get the word! ;) )

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.