Chris Ostlind & Lunadadesigns, anyone built from their plans?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by uk_brownie, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul B

Paul B Previous Member

We can only go by what your have written. You only mention one non-responsive message.

How many were there?

2. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Paul, I'd have to work too hard to find that out! I have email archives but buggered if I am going to load them up to do a count for you. Say no more than five approaches from memory, anyway, surely the point is that the design touted did not exist and still does not exist by all accounts. I gave up when that became obvious.

3. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Paul, I must say you are coming across like Chris's alter ego...

Oh and Chris, I returned the negative rep points with my now lower opinion of you. That was a girly swipe ahole.

1 person likes this.
  4. mark775

mark775 Guest

customers don't really have to justify themselves to someone trying to sell them things - truer words never spoken.
    don't be angry because I am more successful than you are. You seem to be quite riled up about that - I couldn't care less about you. I'm just embarrassed by your attitude and, frankly, astonished at Ostlind's consistancy. Ostlind, Good that you found "temerity" in a thesaurus. Bad that you meant to search under antonyms.
    I won't argue with you guys. I just have a hard time walking by somebody getting mugged. Have fun developing your people skills.

welder/fitter likes this.
  5. welder/fitter

welder/fitter Senior Member

I must have missed something here. A guy starts a thread, asking if other members know anything about a specific designer's work & PaulB & Chris Ostlind dump on him for it? Unless you two know something about the guy who started the post that is not apparent, you're a couple of class A a-holes.

6. bad dog

bad dog bad dog

Unbelievable. This forum is getting worse, and there are some regular posters making that happen. If the cap fits wear it. Please desist from saying anything if you cannot contribute to a logical discussion.

Can the rest of us now get on with a positive forum that actually chews the fat on various factual topics?

uk_brownie (yes you can use your nom du here) - I think you have discovered the answer to your original question. Have you looked at other designers? Mr Farrier seems to have a pretty good track record. I have not owned one, but have sailed and raced against many of his designs, and only one in my experience has caused its crew to swim - and that was just being pushed waaay too hard (yeah guys, you know it's true, but what fun! and no real harm done - ooh look, it didn't sink!)

How big were you thinking?

7. uk_brownie

uk_brownie Previous Member

Odd isn't it how we are not the only ones?

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=101509&st=150&p=2684942&#entry2684942

I understand enough about Chris Ostlind now, shame because his renderings might go down well if plans had been produced and someone had actually built one.

Anyway I've found a designer with a good pedigree, good comminication skills and who has shown me plenty of examples of his designs that have been built are in use. He's even sending me some study plans, what a novelty. :)

8. uk_brownie

uk_brownie Previous Member

Ah well, even the mods here have taken exception to my posts, first they lock this thread.

I openly ask why and they just delete my request and unlock this thread. :confused:

I then post on this thread last night, today my post has been deleted.

Some very strange moderation on this site. :confused: Obviously I overstepped the mark or contravened the T&C's in some way although looking at other posts here I fail to see why.

Wonder if they will delete this post. :)

9. austinsteele

austinsteele New Member

I haven't been here too long, myself, but if I have read the posts correctly, it seems that the designer you were asking about, Chris Ostlind, and the other fellow, Paul B, think that you have a motive for this thread? I think that they are suggesting that you are not who you seem to be - a new member? I don't know, it seems like a lot of people on these forums like to fight a lot. I find it strange because on other forums people are trying to help each other. I only came here because my landlord, and former co-worker is Mike (welder/fitter) and he said there is much to learn here. He also warned me about the fighting. lol, Mike, you were right!
    Frank

1 person likes this.
  10. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I responded by unlocking the thread, stating that I had locked the thread because it appeared to be argumentative rather than constructive, but that I would unlock it and see how it goes this time.

After the thread was unlocked with the goal of being constructive this time around, you then posted:
    I don't see that as constructive or honestly wanting the thread open so you can get feedback. It seemed to me that you only asked for the thread to be re-opened so you could post one more slam message.

11. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

We will try our best to improve things in 2010. In 2009 we saw our activity and diversity increase a lot which was great, but I agree, the argumentative posts got a bit out of control. Hopefully in 2010 we'll find the right balance to have diversity and a variety of perspectives and experience but also the more friendly atmosphere that we historically have had here.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.