Charter catamaran (party boat)

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Pokey, May 9, 2003.

1. Pokey

Pokey New Member

Hi,
    I'm wondering if anyone can clue me as to where I can find plans for a simple catamaran construction in aluminum. The intended use is for a bay/booze cruise open vessel for 60 people.
    Any help from others who may have experience in a project like this would be appreciated.

2. Ward

Ward Junior Member

Wouldnt building a boat large enough for 60 people out of aluminum be extremely expensive? aluminum is not cheap

3. Ssharpsjc

Ssharpsjc Junior Member

Try Morrelli and Melvin in Newport Beach, CA. They have experience in desinging and building catamarans in aluminum. Go to www.morrellimelvin.com

4. Pokey

Pokey New Member

Yes, aluminum would be expensive. I am in the conceptual stages of this project and in my research I came accross this forum. The timing of my post may have been a little premature but I threw it out there anyhow. Some of the initial factors which led me to think aluminum are we are in the boat repair business and have a complete metal fab facility which is slow at the moment... If I could get some design plans (or speak with someone who's been down this road) I could compare costs aluminum vs. fiberglass.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.