CFD consultancy

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by nico, Sep 16, 2005.

1. nico

nico Senior Member

Let say that I am a yacht designer and I am running a nice racing yacht project with enough money to carry a bit of CFD on the hydrodynamic parts (bulb shape, daggerboard placement, etc..). What are the Cfd consultancy firms that could do such job?

Regards,

2. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

Nico,

E-mail me some more info, I might be able to help a bit (though I only have aero codes at present). I can certainly help if you want a Sail optimisation done over the next few months (whole 3rd year Project to go at).

Tim B.

3. wet feet

wet feet Senior Member

You might try Advantage CFD in Brackley.Although they are linked to the BAR Formula 1 team,the technical director of BAR has been involved with America's Cup design projects in the past and would know port from starboard.

4. tspeer

tspeer Senior Member

I'd contact Bruce Rosen, South Bay Simulations Inc., http://www.panix.com/~brosen/, brosen at panix dot com. He's the developer of the Splash code and has consulted on a number of AC campaigns, among others.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.