TIWAL 3.2-Folding Inflatable Performance Dinghy

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Doug Lord, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

2. Skyak

Skyak Senior Member

Looks like fun. I am glad to see a product that can expand the sport of sailing to travelers and apartment dwellers. It won for innovation but it is a simplified version of the design NNNN showed here long ago. The price is a bit dear -the only thing I see that is high end is the rig -nice north squaretop on CF mast. The hull is shorter and wider than I would favor, I would be interested in what other designers think -does this plane earlier? I think a taller bow and a sizable combing at the mast would be easy and make sailing dryer. I get the sense that this is a swimsuit/wetsuit machine and that might limit it's appeal. The adds show children enjoying the bow but I would prefer dryer sailing and some storage forward. The other thing I desire is to be able to stow everything I carried to the beach. It appears you need a high pressure pump and the carrying bags -I would have stowage for these on board.

3. Baltic Bandit

Baltic Bandit Previous Member

Gawd, even with fancy video work that thing looks pig dog slow

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.