carrier of a mechanical engineer as ship designer

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by kuldeep.singh, Feb 3, 2010.

  1. kuldeep.singh
    Joined: Jan 2010
    Posts: 1
    Likes: 0, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 10
    Location: india

    kuldeep.singh New Member

    hello everybody

    I want to know the carrier of a mechanical engineer as ship designer/naval architect
    Because most of the company demand for a degree in naval architect but i have degree in Mechanical engineering
    I have been working since last two years mainly in 3d modelling,stability, making different onboard plans.
    Plz advice me about my carrier.
    Should i change my field for a better carrier.

    plz help me
  2. gonzo
    Joined: Aug 2002
    Posts: 15,882
    Likes: 1,256, Points: 123, Legacy Rep: 2031
    Location: Milwaukee, WI

    gonzo Senior Member

    Many countries don't even have a specific Naval Architect degree. If the companies in your area demand a NA degree, my advise can only be to keep on working as a Mechanical Engineer or go back to school. NAs work alongside mechanical engineers for many parts of the design and construction.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.