Capturing Wake Energy Without Drag ?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Questor, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark775

mark775 Guest

Good luck.

2. wardd

wardd Senior Member

How come the very first pebble thrown into to ocean didn't destroy the earth?

3. Questor

Questor Senior Member

I've often wondered if there wasn't a level of illusion or delusion in my observations. On a small scale I've demonstrated the experiment many times by moving a large stick on a calm pond by dropping small pebbles. The common man always agrees that there is more energy in the total wave action than there is in the falling pebble, while the educated mind considers the moving stick to be a magicians trick. As the educated mind clings to its dogmatic faith in erroneous laws of physic, it seems that the educated mind is more a victim of superstition than the uneducated mind.

4. wardd

wardd Senior Member

I still prefer educated doctors over faith healers.

5. Questor

Questor Senior Member

I've put a lot of thought into that. If an anarchist living in Britain threw a rock into the ocean with the intent of causing erosion along the east coast of North America, nature would negate the effect through multiple actions occuuring simultaneously within the ocean. On the other hand there was a recent show on television about a massive rock on an island off the coast of Africa. This massive rock is precariously balanced on top of a large fracture. Scientists believe that if this rock ever slides off of its resting place and into the ocean it will unleash a massive wave that will devastate the east coast of the United States. According to the documentary vast sums of money have been spent studying the potential impact of this rock while trying to find ways of preventing it from sliding into the ocean.

6. Questor

Questor Senior Member

The highly educated, working with the wealthy , do a lot of incredibly stupid things in the name of science. Hydro dams are a good example. We displace millions of people across the globe building massive dams to produce water pressure to drive hydro electric turbines. In Canmore Alberta there is a 200 foot tall water column that drives a hydro electric plant. Rather than build a dam a mile wide and 200 feet tall to generate enough water pressure to drive the turbine, they simply captured enough of the rivers current to fill the water column. Hydro dams only utilize a fraction of the potential they trap.If we built pipelines to fill water columns rather than massive dams, millions of people would still be in their homes, millions of acres of agricultural land would still be under cultivation and whole regions would be spared the consequences of the geological threats presented by these dams.

7. CDK

CDK retired engineer

No, that just comes from not understanding what is happening.

Whenever you see a reciprocating movement, be it water, waving grass or a pendulum in a clock, very little energy is involved. In these cases there is force and counter-force, both being almost equal and ending in equilibrium.
    Energy can only be retrieved if a large difference between these forces exists, like in a waterfall.

8. Questor

Questor Senior Member

Now to get back to the original goal of the thread. I have solved the problem of how to harness a moving boats wave energies to generate more electrical power and lift than drag. Everyone is going to love it. The artistically minded are going to love it because it adds graceful lines to boat designs.Mean thinking racers are going to love it because it can be added in a way that gives a high tech appearance to their boats while enhancing performance. Environmentalists are going to love it because it has the added effect of reducing the environmental damage caused by the waves of powerboats.Parents are going to love it because it reduces the force of powerboat generated waves that can overpower their children while wading at the beach. Retailers and manufacturers are going to love it because it gives consumers a reason to buy a new boat. This is going to revolutionize the nature of recreational boating.

In the past I've given away a lot of know how without ever being rewarded. This time I'm going to be seeking some nominal compensation. The conceptual design is available for $100.000 personal compensation plus an additional $100,000 for modular prototype development. My only regret is that I can't describe the technology online until after I get to the patent office. The last thing I'd want would be the oil industry patenting the technology to prevent consumers from accessing it.

9. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

The check's in the mail.:p :p :p :p

10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Seriously, the fact that the waves keep going for a long time after you toss a pebble means nothing.

We have a porch swing at home. If I give it a nudge, it'll keep swinging back and forth for what seems like forever--but it certainly isn't using or producing any more energy than I put into my original nudge. Any attempt to harvest energy from its swinging would simply stop it dead.

11. wardd

wardd Senior Member

it will only take a few fools to make that man rich

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

I am sure................

....very few:D

You know they feel rich in these hotels with the guests wearing a "non smoker jacket"...............

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. CDK

CDK retired engineer

Don't feel bad about it Questor, it would have been wasted on us anyway.
    Contact another great mind, Amnon Mike Cohen at http://www.superiorhulls.com/Home.html to join forces.

14. wardd

wardd Senior Member

If I toss a dollar bill in the pond will thousands of dollars wash up on shore?

15. HReeve

HReeve Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.