Can you Identify this Jet Drive

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by SCC-FI, Sep 29, 2005.

1. SCC-FI

SCC-FI Junior Member

Our local sea cadets were given a boat with this jet drive fitted. we need to identiofy a make and model so we can get spares for it. The boat is a 7.5 mtr RIB it has a Mermaid 140 or 180 engine - help Please

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  2. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Try www.hamjet.co.nz If it is a Hamilton jet they have an identifying section,plus other info.

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Sometimes there's a part # or manufacturer's name stamped on the intake just inside the transom, usually in a really hard to find spot... or on the reverse cup, but I don't see one there. It does have a Hamilton look to it but that's not saying much.

4. SCC-FI

SCC-FI Junior Member

I have spoken with Hamilton (I thought it looked like theirs), they say no way, they thought it might be a Vosper Thorneycroft unit. I have sent the photos to them for ID, and am waiting for a reply. Anyone else care to offer a suggestion. Thanks for help so far Tom & Matt.

5. SolomonGrundy

SolomonGrundy I'm not crazy...

jet

Are you sure it's not a Jacuzzi?

6. SCC-FI

SCC-FI Junior Member

Now positively identified as a PP Jet 90A (Now owned by Vosper Thorneycroft) thanks for the help.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.