Yachting Magazine Feature Article on Westlawn institute

Discussion in 'Education' started by dgerr, May 11, 2011.

1. dgerr

dgerr Senior Member

In recognition of eighty years of training successful boat designers, Yachting magazine has run a feature story on Westlawn Institute in its May 2011 issue. Written by Westlawn graduate and Yachting editor at large, Jay Coyle, the story recounts the history of the school and explores the success of its alumni. You can read the full article online at this link:

http://www.westlawn.edu/news/Yachting2011.pdf

Dave Gerr
    Director, Westlawn Institute
    www.westlawn.edu

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Excellent article

3. Lister

Lister Previous Member

Dave,
    I always admired your design, and your book on less than $12,000 pocket cruiser for backyard builder is a joy to read.
    It still after all these years a great pleasure to go through the pages.
    I wounder if your Doubloon was built. She is a very nice and well put together little cruiser.
    Do you still designing? I hope you have the time.
    Lister

4. dgerr

dgerr Senior Member

Glad you liked the book. Doubloon was one of those designs that sold a lot of plans, but I don't know of any boats that were built. Westlawn takes up most of my time these days. Still, my office does about one project a year. Looks like we'll be starting on a 90-ft. motoryacht for a client on the west coast.

Dave Gerr

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.