Calling all ALWGRIP gangs..Calling all...

Discussion in 'Materials' started by michael pierzga, Jan 19, 2009.

1. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Got a question. Refit.... The boat is painted dark green. It has big, frame less " style " windows, flush set into the topsides. We have just installed the windows....the work order requires us to have an invisible transition between window and topsides. IE...no black window caulking between window and topsides...I need an awlgrip green color caulking for the final COSMETIC finish. I have tried to hand paint this caulking but dont like the wavy shine finish...it stands out like a sore thumb. Question...can I mix up a small batch of green awlgrip in a cup and then squirt a good helping of corning clear silicone caulking into the cup of paint...mix her up and apply to this "green " silicone as a COSMETIC joint ???

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.