calculation of number of voyage days

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by abhishek, Oct 7, 2009.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Back to fifth grade math. Divide the total amount of fuel by the fuel you use each day. However, if you use the liquor system for your navigation, the fuel use may vary. Sometimes the direction of travel may vary too.

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

Nono gonzo, when you take that serious the direction is always straight!..
    In my military service we sometimes used to drink some sort of red tinted varnish, named Lambrusco. The result (in terms of navigation and direction), was always the same: straight on the puss.........

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Is that any better than compass juice? After drinking it the card jumps around a bit, but nobody cares.

4. abhishek

abhishek Junior Member

thank you john,happy to see ur answer............ can you give me some voyage route with distance between two places mine is roll on roll off ship if i take

5. apex1

apex1 Guest

Well abishek I guess you have a serious question? Will you let us know which vessel, journey, speed, power you are talking?

I guess otherwise the answers will be similar to the ones given, like: the route on a RoRO vessel is commonly straight forward, the distance limited by the car in front of you!

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

abhishek: I think the retardforum.net may be more adequate for those questions.

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

schnook.com is a alternative when retard sounds too academic!

Gawdarewenasty.........

8. Brent Swain

Brent Swain Member

Eric Hiscocks book" Voyaging under Sail"gives a list of many offshore voyages, the number of miles traveled, and the number of days it took, in the back of the book.

9. narwhal

narwhal Junior Member

Sort of like the way Texans figure distance between towns, where the unit of measure is the six pack. For instance, the distance between Amarillo and Abilene is 3-1/2 six packs.

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

Whats that in "Lambrusco" ???

dunno the imperial stuff....

11. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Narwhal: that assumes a standard 12oz can. If you buy the 20oz it throws your navigation all to hell

12. kim s

kim s Junior Member

Abishek,

If you are thinking of doing any long distanc voyages, PLEASE make sure you get your "Personnel International Safety at Sea certificate.
    Most people on this forum are actually concerned for your well being and have all personally taken the P.I.S.S. of will soon be taking the P.I.S.S,
    if you dont have the certificate, then you may end up being moved into a special area of the port known as the "Safe Harbour for Illegal Transiants, or S.H.I.T for for short.
    If you do end up in the S.H.I.T, Then you might get assistance from some-one who is going to take the P.I.S.S..
    So to sum up Dont end up in the S.H.I.T. . We will take the P.I.S.S so hopefuly you dont up a "Person Requiring Assistance Tonight"

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.