Building a stern tunnel into an existing flat bottom aluminum boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by yodani, Nov 2, 2011.

1. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

2. Village_Idiot

Village_Idiot Senior Member

paddlewheel

3. Nirmal42

Nirmal42 Junior Member

Hi every body I have a boat 13m it is a v bottom hull not much at the transom about 12dig dead rice , I want to fix single engine with shaft and prop , I have to make a tunnel to get the propeller clearance question is what is the best rudder position to get the best performance. If I put the rudder blade complete inside the tunnel (rudder blade will not come out from the end transom. Or move the rudder blade to stern so rudder blade will come out of the transom end about half of the rudder. I like to have a an advice. Which option will give good performance when you do reversing.

Regards
    Nirmal -Yemen

4. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Building a stern tunnel into an existing aluminum boat

The image may give you some ideas this is an improved model with a venturi built into the top half and fins to straighten out the water flow. Tunnels like these work similar to a surface propulsion.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.