Bollard/scupper design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by BrettM, Sep 24, 2003.

1. BrettM

BrettM Senior Member

Will,
    Thanks for the sketch. I appreciate that the basic system is not ideal but I have to work with what I have. (Sounds like an excuse for a boat I have been the principle designer - lol)
    I am currently reviewing the principle dimensions to the above increasing the length and height of the opening as much as possible to improve line handling. I am also looking at moving the uprights to the inward side (All of this depends a little on the underlying structure but I won't bore everyone with the details)

My first impression of your sketch is that if it is fitted in a bad position it could be a serious target for ones ankles. (It would be on this yacht anyway)

Brett

2. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

fortunately in our case that isn't a problem - but in the wrong location, yes they would be great shin busters..

3. archnav.de

archnav.de Senior Member

Brett
    can you upload your Bollard/scupper design to www. 3dcontentcentral.com for public use?

Bernd

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.