boatdesign chatroom

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by ars-technica, Jun 16, 2006.

1. ars-technica

ars-technica Naval Architect

I know many user on this forum, and if i will speak with them i had to do in icq/msn and so on, why Boatdesign don't program a chat room for all active user??
    Users, if you agreed with my idea reply this post so administrators can see what we need.

Regards

2. hansp77

hansp77

3. Redsky

Redsky Senior Member

i was about to ask about a chatroom myself when i found this post,,IMHO web page based java charrooms suck to be honest and they tend to load up websites, if a chatroom is to be created why not choose a Irc net,irc is text based chat there are dosens of irc networks where a room could be set up and controlled by the channell operators very easily for free, and its dosent affect your website server. i strongly suggest chooseing a net that has irc services enabled ie chanserv nickserv and memoserv.
    If help is needed with Irc i will gladly do so iv over a decade worth of experience with it and the comands and running of a room.

< How about a chatboard? | misplaced threads >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.