Boat maintance/Painting business

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Trout Slayer, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Trout Slayer

Trout Slayer New Member

Hello all~
    I live in southern oregon just minuets from the Rogue river where there is a drift boat in every drive way. In fact there are several large boat builders here in Medford (willie Boats, Alumaweld, Boice Jet, and Fish right to name a few) I was thinking of starting a business where I would wash and wax boats. I also have lots of experience in painting so I thought I might offer a Custom painting service as well. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a business like this one or would use a service like this.
    Thanks Dale

2. wet-foot

wet-foot Senior Member

Hey I got rid of a boat because I was tired of cleaning and waxing it. If you have the proper equipement to do it fast at a fair price you should do OK. Gelcoat repair would go nicely with your painting. Boat bottoms always need a fixin!!!!!!!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.