Boat Jokes (we need a few laughs)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Oct 29, 2006.

1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

We should have a thread addressing the impact of genocide and religious war on the pursuit of boatbuilding, whether for pleasure or out of necessity. Life is an amusing tragedy.

2. RHP

RHP Senior Member

There are 2 separate issues here:

Whether it is a suitable subject for a boat design forum, and if folks really want to go down this road,
    Give it a separate thread title and not in the Joke thread which is less than respectful for the suffering many of these people have endured.

That's all. Agree it (or not) then create a suitable place/thread.

Personally I enjoy this forum as a place to come and relax to get away from the more painful aspects of the real world.

Richard

3. hoytedow

God help us all not to lose our sense of humor. I almost said collective sense of humor but I am opposed to collectives. :)

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

RHP, I agree with what you say RHP. This is not the forum to discuss these things and, of course, the thread "Boats jokes" is not adequate.
    Hoytedow, we should be able to laugh (collective laugh or not) at other things and we should be able to not laugh about these things.
    All I have objected is that qualify as "hilarious" to a situation like that, I find it absolutely unacceptable. I think saying this has not diminished one iota my sense of humor.

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I think the problem is that many people only want to hear what is pretty and pleasant. Any reference to something like this becomes very uncomfortable, and hence never gets addressed - and never solved, or at the very least no insight is gained.

I sometimes look at what is going on, and it is like you cannot believe what is done here. Perhaps for those not in this disaster it must look very serious, but from here it is hilarious, and worst of all it is done on purpose. The biggest joke is this is now enforced (Western) world wide, and still many refuse to acknowledge it.

I can tell you why also. If this disaster is acknowledged, then those participating may be forced into doing some introspection in their own morality. It becomes something different when you have to choose between your own advantage and how much someone else gets exploited as a result of your advantage.

And really, this is very funny if you stand back and forget that your own existence hangs on a thin thread and you observe the chaos and disaster around you. I want to know who is going to sort this fiasco out. While you may be very sympathetic towards some individuals, there's no emotion in any of this.

Attached Files:

6. hoytedow

God will know his own. Whether He finds this Vale of Tears funny or not, only He knows.

7. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Please don't tell me that GOD is going to sort all of this out,....sounds too much like all of these self righteous 'conservatives'.

I do think this should be transferred to another subject thread, and regrettable although not a boating subject, there are lots of boaters with views about what is happening around the world, .....that aren't going to seek out just another forum to express their thoughts.

Perhaps the moderator can find another area to place these postings,...and an appropriate title

Brian

8. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Unfortunately this world is full of major issues that are painful, severe, and more critical than designing and building boats.

However, it is beyond the ability and the scope of a boat design and boatbuilding site to solve the world's major problems. This is not to say that these problems are not extremely important, but if serious discussion is to occur it will not be succinct or expedient as these issues are enormous. When energy is put into discussion on these topics, it doesn't make sense to limit it to only those interested in boat design and boatbuilding. At the same time, hosting those long topics here would soon overrun the boat design and boatbuilding topics of the site as subjects such as genocide, immigration, world hunger, war, cancer, and thousands of other significant topics are so much larger than boating. The web is so large now, that having one small refuge focused on boats here is not a bad thing. There are many existing venues now that are more appropriate for serious and lengthy debates on other major issues.

9. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Of course, we depend on it in many ways. But that does not entitle us to qualify a human drama as hilarious .

10. hoytedow

11. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

In my country the percentage of native offenders is much higher than in the case of migrants. In my country we have a band (apparently endangered) of Spaniards no burning cars but killing other Spaniards.
    That is an issue that I refuse to keep talking in this forum. I would ask the moderator to do something. A I have been asked on occasion to moderate my attacks against other members. Please you try to moderate the contempt towards other ethnic groups.
    End of my speech in this thread.

12. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

The sad is TANSL, that what you see is ONLY in South Africa. If you go to the neighboring countries, there is no attacks, almost zero crime. Just like you have Spaniards killing Spaniards we have "whites" killing "whites". That is why I gave you that link to the history of Atlantis by Michael Tsarion, it is explained in there. You cannot address something if you don't understand it.

Attached Files:

13. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

Here in the US the majority of violent crime any particular person is likely to face will have committed by someone who looks like them. Causing me to joke that if you want to never be a victim then live as far away from your "people" as you can ... and family too.

This may be achieved with a boat.

Had to tie that in with the forum. ;)

14. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

Years ago I was a photofinisher for a police department, and I did see some pretty bad things as a consequence, but one of the perks was that the detectives who dropped off and picked up the film would tell me the latest dumb criminal stories.

This one was to have happened in Topeka, Kansas.

A clerk was manning a convenience store one night when a guy in a mask with a gun entered and demanded the cash.

The clerk responded positively, saying that store policy was to give him what he wanted with no hassles. He was supposed to have also said he was making it a point to not even try to look at the man's face.

Then he asked if the guy wanted him to count the money, so he would know how much he was getting.

The robber agreed but later said to keep the coinage since counting it would take too long.

The clerk wrote down the total on a gas receipt and handed it to the robber.

Who promptly signed it, took his copy and left.

After making sure the guy was gone the clerk called the police, telling them that he'd a signed confession awaiting their arrival.

15. Ilan Voyager

Ilan Voyager Senior Member